About This File
** This program has been orignally uploaded on rAthena; it's been uploaded on Hercules due to multiple requests. If you have suggestions or feedback and you want a quick response, please contact me via rAthena. I will respond on Hercules' forum as well, but it'll take a bit longer .
This is a GRF tool I started to develop for my own personnal use, but I thought I'd share it since I've upgraded the UI. Its primary goal is to be easy to use while offering a wide variety of options and customizations. The software is quite stable and can handle large operations easily.
How to install
- Download the zip archive provided from the download link at the bottom of this description or directly from there : http://www.mediafire.com/?aflylbhblrzpz0h
- Install the application with GRF Editor Installer.exe; if you are missing a .NET Framework you will be prompted to download it.
- Once you are done, you can start the program from the link on your desktop.
- Overall speed is faster (or at least equal) than any GRF tool.
- Common operations : add, delete, merge, extract, preview, save.
- Undo and redo for any operation.
- It can open any GRF file.
- Clean and very interactive interface.
- Saving formats supported : 0x200, 0x103 and 0x102 (through the Settings page).
- Instant filter and search options (example : "map .gat").
- File association and context menus integration for .grf, .gpf and .rgz (through the Settings page).
- Can rebuild separated images into one file easily.
- Lub decompilation (in beta, but it can decompile almost any lub file so far).
Drag and drop (with the ALT key, can be modified in the Settings page). This is a big part of the software; most of the items can be moved around within the application itself or from/to Windows Explorer.
Sprite editor : a simple sprite editor with powerful features. Semi-transparent images can be added, you can easily change the order or replace images, etc. This tool can convert images in the wrong type by showing you multiple solutions (merging a new palette, dithering the image by using current palette, using the closest color, and a few more).
Grf validation : allows you to validate a GRF with multiple settings. It can detect corrupted GRF entries, invalid sprites, empty files, non-GRF files, duplicate files and a lot more.
Flat maps maker : generates flat maps from .gat and .rsw files. Useful to generate WoE maps or to fasten up the loading time.
Patch maker : generates a GRF patch based on two different GRFs.
Hash viewer : shows the hash code (both CRC32 and MD5) for files.
Image converter : converts an image to any format requested (BMP, PNG, JPG, TGA).
GrfCL : used to create batch files (.bat) which can automate tasks on GRF files. See the content in GrfCL.rar in the download for more information. This tool can be customized from the sources as well.
Palette recolorer : creates new sprites by changing their colors (this tool is now deprecated).
Client database editor : allows modifications of the database client files (txt and lua) with easy and simple tools. Work in progress.
Requires .Net Framework 3.5 (SP1) Client Profile to run (3.5 or more will work as well).
- Automatically converts file name encoding to their proper values (you can change the encoding).
- Data virtualization is used as much as possible to preview files, meaning the files aren't completely loaded.
- Right-clicking an item will bring up the available options with that file.
- Preview file formats : txt, log, xml, lua, lub, bmp, png, tga, jpp, db, ebm, pal, gnd, rsw, gat, rsm, str, spr, act, imf, fna and wav.
- Services are "crash ready", meaning that you will be warned about a failed operation and no work will be lost (the application won't close and crash). It tries to continue operating even if it meets unsual conditions.
- Operations can be cancelled by clicking on the button near the progress bar.
- The warning level can be changed to avoid messages like "Please select a folder first."
- When prompted with an error, use Ctrl-C to copy the current dialog's content.
1) Previewing an act file, while showing the search feature
2) Preview of a model file (rsm)
3) Preview of GrfCL with the MakeGrf command
4) Preview of the Client Database Editor
5) Preview of Grf validation
6) Search feature (press Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to bring up within a text editor)
Got a feedback? I'd gladly hear you out and fix issues you have with the program. If you want new features to be added, don't hesitate to ask!
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11 See changelog
- [Added] GrfEditor : The tree views now automatically translate Korean names to english (found in Tools > Settings > Tree behavior).
- [Added] GrfEditor : Copy a NPC's name directly to upper case without extension (right-click > Copy NPC name).
- [Added] GrfEditor : When creating a new Thor file, common paths will be added by default (these are removed if not used when saving).
- [Added] GrfEditor : When saving a GRF, the QuickSave method will be used if it's available. This will boost the saving speed by a lot.
- [Added] GrfEditor : Ability to view the errors in a badly formed GRF (may be a bit technical though!).
- [Added] GrfEditor : Animation indexes for the Act tab preview has been fixed and the animation names will now be displayed.
- [Added] CDE : Now supports item_db2.txt (requested).
- [Fixed] CDE : Speed improved as well as many fixes all over the place, nothing major though. This tool is also no longer going to receive updates. It will be merged as part of Server Database Editor instead.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Drag and drop from the search result list to the tree view is now working as intended.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Using the Decrypt or Encrypt buttons will no longer freeze the application.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Was still trying to delete a temporary folder that is no longer used.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Renaming a folder wasn't be possible (bug introduced in 1.7.2).
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : A bad file pointer would be created if you extracted a file and saved the GRF (bug introduced in 18.104.22.168).
- [Fixed] GRF : Renaming files or folders will no longer allow invalid names that corrupt the GRF file table.
- [Fixed] GRF : Merging an encrypted patch with the Merge feature will now copy the hidden challenge-password file as well. This method also uses a new merging feature, which should improve the speed by a lot.
- [Fixed] GRF : Opening really broken RGZ or Thor files won't make the application unstable anymore.
- [Modified] ErrorManager : If an exception occurs, you will be able to copy the debug information directly without having to use the Stack Trace Viewer. This is much more convenient (Act Editor's feature).
- [Modified] GrfEditor : You can now copy multiple paths at once in the list views (by using Ctrl-C).
- [Modified] GRF : Saving Thor files will now redirect identical entries (make Thor files more compact).
- [Modified] GRF : Calls on the GRF structure will now all be validated to ensure the integrity of the file.