GmOcean

Community Contributors
  • Content count

    370
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

GmOcean last won the day on July 16 2017

GmOcean had the most liked content!

About GmOcean

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Emulator:
    Hercules

Recent Profile Visitors

2904 profile views
  1. Release

    OMG!! Finally an official system to do what I've created through script. Hmm, may pop back in just to release something using this in the future.
  2. Your problem is in the for(loop). You're using @i without a player attached, you should be using [email protected] for (set @i,0; @i < 3; set @i,@i+1) into for (set [email protected],0; [email protected] < 3; set [email protected],[email protected]+1) After that, make sure you change all instances of " @i " into " [email protected] ". Or else the game will continue to spit out that error so long as a player is not attached.
  3. A work around would be to use bindatcmd and simply make it so @slaveclone calls the clone script command.
  4. What you need is a dynamic shop. It will allow you to sell/buy items from the shop without OverCharge/Discount affecting the price. However, it will still show up in the client window, purely visual though.
  5. First, does your debugmes display the proper name? Secondly, if it does, does it match your cutin name correctly? Thirdly, if both 1 & 2 are working as intended, try creating a simple version of the script function first. e.g : Make a menu with 3 options. Option 1 = Show cards 1,2,3. Option 2 = Show card 4,5,6. Option 3 = Show cards 7,8,9. However have it build the cutin name like normal, by using variables instead of sql for the test. At this point you have nothing to lose out on, a simple check will remove this from the list of possible issues.
  6. It appears to me that [email protected] is being set as 1. Check somewhere else in your script to see if [email protected] is properly being set as the item_id.
  7. This command is apart of Hercules by default. There is no need to add it via plugin. If it still doesn't work, put in a bug report for it. As it is now apart of the main branch.
  8. From what i can tell this would allow you to bind an OnClock label, to a different label in a potentially different npc. Which, is the equivalent of the below: OnClock0100: L_event_end: end; With the exception of being able to do this all remotely. So instead of having OnClock labels in 100 different scripts, you would have 1 script managing all the OnClock labels. It would be cleaner, but wouldn't do much else than that. As you could easily just do what I did above. Managing each individual script as needed. In short, not needed but doesn't take anything away as it provides just more utility.
  9. I leave the RO scene for a few months, and I (half-way) come back to seeing this being added. I like these changes. And to think I was going to code it and submit a pull request of it once I finished. Now I dont have to. Yay Hercules.
  10. I like this. It would be useful in a number of situations. Such as event and utility scripts.
  11. Yes you change the langtype in the clientinfo.xml
  12. If there are more than 600 images for that Cutin, it was badly scripted. And poorly done. But sadly no, I don't think anyone has that.
  13. I'd have to go with Emistry's idea honestly, it's far better than having it toggle'd in a conf file. Especially since there are multiple instances where you could use the progress bar with both walkable and non-walkable forms. Example that I used in a few scripts: 1. In a custom crafting system, players were unable to move while the progress bar went through (much like other MMORPGs). 2. In a custom battle ground, I add pyres that needed to be activated 5 times, each time took 5seconds. Meaning if they moved, or were attacked, the bar cancelled, thus making them have to start over. Really adds depth and variety to scripts with just this simple option. 3. Made an item that simulated using a long cast time skill, however they needed to remain still or else it would cancel (intended feature), since the spell casted a global stun effect bypassing stats. No need to punish the players by making them unable to move to re-position themselves for strategic use. So again, I'd go with Emistry's idea, and add an extra parameter to make it root players, or allow them to walk.
  14. Honestly, both options are completely fine. As far as resources go, Hercules can handle well over a measly 90-900 variables, it could easily handle a whopping 90,000 variables in all honesty. The important thing is which type of variable is being used. If it is a permanent variable (those that dont get reset upon logout or done talking to an NPC / server restart) then it'll be a little resource heavy, but for this script I'd recommend using player variables (as Winterfox suggested in her example). The only thing I would do different from Winterfox's example though, would be to store the information in a custom sql_table. You'd only update the sql-db upon the player logging out or completing the quest, and resetting the quest.