Mystery

Topsites / Toplists

Just a really broad question... do people (server owners/players) still really rely on Topsites/Toplist sites to generate players? Do servers still use a V4P system even though it's passable? 

How many people visit these sites anyways? 

Share your thoughts down below.

Players just visit to vote maybe... That's what I have seen..

And the new players often go to toplist(but there aren't many new players coming)

How else would players hear about upcoming servers?

Edited by Aeromesi

I think RMS has a much stronger pull than all the votesites combined, but at the same time, I'm of the philosophy that if a single player joined and stayed due to a vote site, it was worth it.

Sadly I haven't kept track of my traffic, but when I first started my server up, I didn't intend on using a V4P system, and the players really really wanted it.

i think, its not effective anymore, i noticed that its like friend invites his/her friends to play in that server and those friends inviting their friends too, something like that ( Invite by the Invited System )  :P

I see. To further the discussion, would people use Topsites if they were RO-Based oriented? Like, if YourROList and RateMyRO weren't dead?