Nihad

Issue with item db after update

Question

So I ran into a tiny issue after updating to the latest herc. 

The source is 100% up to date and I'm using the item_db directly from herc git.

Every single one of my items gives me this error, both in item_db and item_db2.

[Error]: script error in file 'item_db' item ID 908
    parse_line: expect command, missing function name or calling undeclared function
 908: 0
         ^

Not entirely sure where to begin. As I said I updated all the source files and everything else that was edited in the last 45 days. Let me know if anyone has an idea or if I need to give other specific info. Thanks. 

5 answers to this question

I did manual, so I figured I made a mistake somewhere. So then I just threw a clean source into it and still the same issue. If I knew what else could cause this I may be able to figure it out. 

Edited by nihadm89

I did manual, so I figured I made a mistake somewhere. So then I just threw a clean source into it and still the same issue. If I knew what else could cause this I may be able to figure it out. 

Maybe your pc is putting hidden character at start of line, use notepad++ and use show all characters, and check if there's any hidden file or so.

Can't reproduce with Ubuntu.

No hidden characters, as for the source I uploaded directly from the herc .zip file.

Checked the sql files and they are completely clean.

I uploaded the latest vcproj files and removed vcroj 9 as well.

ran ./configure and compiled as well

Should also note:

Distributor ID: Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.10 (squeeze)
Linux 2.6.32-042stab085.17 i686

Update:
I just installed a 100% clean version of Herc, the only thing I edited were the conf files for the server to connect. Still got the same issue. Vewy vewy confused to say the least.

Update 2:

After a quick chat with Dastgir we determined that the problem is because I was having the server read the items from the sql instead of the db folder. The server has been that was since day 1 and there have been no issues. I believe the recent updates to itemdb.c and itemdb.h have broken that part of it. 

Update 3:

New feature not compatible with sql, works fine with .conf though.

Edited by nihadm89

Yes i've encountered the same issue, I don't get how a pull request can be merged without checking if the feature or file thoroughly. Some faulty code in itemdb.c/h, not bothered to check where exactly yet, i'll help out later if i can.