Tokeiburu

RO Installer Script (Inno Setup)

You can set an executable will run as an administrator and compatibility mode (In the case that the Thor does not work the start button in Windows 8.1+ without it)

having problem with this error

Error in C:UsersAdministratorDesktopRO Installer ScriptRO.iss: Disk spanning must be enabled in order to create an installation larger than 2100000000 bytes in size.

how to fix this?

Open RO.iss and add following lines:

DiskSpanning = yesDiskSliceSize = 1600000000

After

WizardSmallImageFile=installer_square2.bmp

You should change DiskSliceSize to number you see more fitting. I set it to ~1.5GB. Just a warning: this will spawn several part installer:

- main installer file (.exe)

- parts of installer ( They are named the same as main installer file and have 1,2,3...n at the end of name, .bin)

Your players will need all parts and main installer file in one folder for it to work. Usually just pack them up in one zip and you're good to go.

Hi! I had the same error

Error in C:UsersAdministratorDesktopRO Installer ScriptRO.iss: Disk spanning must be enabled in order to create an installation larger than 2100000000 bytes in size.

On 10/23/2015 at 3:31 PM, Garr said:

Open RO.iss and add following lines:

DiskSpanning = yesDiskSliceSize = 1600000000

After

WizardSmallImageFile=installer_square2.bmp

You should change DiskSliceSize to number you see more fitting. I set it to ~1.5GB. Just a warning: this will spawn several part installer:

- main installer file (.exe)

- parts of installer ( They are named the same as main installer file and have 1,2,3...n at the end of name, .bin)

Your players will need all parts and main installer file in one folder for it to work. Usually just pack them up in one zip and you're good to go.

I tried doing the procedure as stipulated but the following lines were shown:

Error on line 25 in C:\Users\Andrew Palma\Desktop\One RO Patcher\RO INSTALLER\RO.iss: Value of [Setup] section directive "DiskSpanning" is invalid.
Compile aborted.

I typed in this

WizardSmallImageFile=wizardSmallImage.bmp
DiskSpanning=yesDiskSliceSize=1600000000

Please Help

Q: В конфиге инны задаю значок для выходного файла. Так вот, при достижении, как я понял, определённого размера упаковываемых файлов около 350 мб значок остаётся стандартный виндовый.

A: Если ваш setup.exe составлено более чем несколько сотен мегабайт, Windows Explorer может показать стандартный значек файла вместо установленного вами. Кроме того, при просмотре свойств файла вкладка "Версия" может отсутствовать.
Это не ошибка Inno Setup. На самом деле проблема заключается в API Explorer используемых для извлечения иконок и сведений о версии.
Проблему возможно решить, включив разбиение пакета установки на несколько файлов с помощью директивы DiskSpanning=yes. При этом данные будут вынесены в один или несколько файлов .bin в зависимоти от настройки DiskSliceSize и размера исходных файлов, а сама программа установки будет занимать малый объём, который Windows Explorerу под силу корректно обработать.
Код, демонстрирующий использование DiskSpanning:DiskSpanning=yes