Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ganja

Increase monster attack & skill damage rate on map

Question

Is it possible to increase monster damage rate on a specific map?

Like putting a mapflag ..

prontera mapflag increasemobdamagerate 100

all monsters on prontera will increase their attack and skill damage by 100%. thank you. :)

11 answers to this question

You could simply make duplicates of existing mobs and up their stats manually in the mob_db then place them on the map you want? @@Lord Ganja

@@Aeromesi,

I was about to do it with lots of mobs. That's why I was thinking it would be easier if I use a mapflag.. Do you know what part of src is the calculation of mob attack damage and mob skill damage? 

A while ago i've made a source modification that did exacly that!

I was using this to create a setmapflag command to increase mobpower on an instance, creating somekind of "Greater Rift" from Diablo, with infinity dificulty scale depending on the level that the player have already cleared.

Example( instance level30 = mobpower 3000% ).

I used the jexp/bexp mapflag as a base, as it is 100% on all non-set maps, and then i've called the mapflag values on the mob_spawn(mob.c);

int m = md->bl.m;	if( map->list[m].mobpower != 100){	md->level = md->level * map->list[m].mobpower/100;	md->status.max_hp = (md->status.max_hp * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.max_sp = (md->status.max_sp * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.hp = (md->status.hp * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.sp = (md->status.sp * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.str = (md->status.str * map->list[m].mobpower)/10	md->status.batk = (md->status.batk * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.rhw.atk= (md->status.rhw.atk * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;;	md->status.rhw.atk2= (md->status.rhw.atk2 * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	md->status.lhw.atk= (md->status.rhw.atk * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;;	md->status.lhw.atk2= (md->status.rhw.atk2 * map->list[m].mobpower)/100;	}
md->attacked_id = 0;
md->target_id = 0;
md->move_fail_count = 0;

I've lost all the source files ;ooo.

I know that's not a tutorial, but i hope it gives you a good start or inspiration.

;]

@@raPalooza~

Thank you for the info :) I'll just create the new mapflag. I just wanted to know where should I put the src that increases a monster's attack & skill damage.

Anyway can you tell me what part of mob.c should I put those? Should I put it under int64 c = 0; ?

/*========================================== * Mob spawning. Initialization is also variously here. *------------------------------------------*/int mob_spawn (struct mob_data *md){	int i=0;	int64 tick = timer->gettick();	int64 c = 0;	md->last_thinktime = tick;	if (md->bl.prev != NULL)		unit->remove_map(&md->bl,CLR_RESPAWN,ALC_MARK);	else if (md->spawn && md->class_ != md->spawn->class_) {		md->class_ = md->spawn->class_;		status->set_viewdata(&md->bl, md->class_);		md->db = mob->db(md->class_);		memcpy(md->name,md->spawn->name,NAME_LENGTH);	}	if (md->spawn) { //Respawn data		md->bl.m = md->spawn->m;		md->bl.x = md->spawn->x;		md->bl.y = md->spawn->y;		if( (md->bl.x == 0 && md->bl.y == 0) || md->spawn->xs || md->spawn->ys ) {			//Monster can be spawned on an area.			if( !map->search_freecell(&md->bl, -1, &md->bl.x, &md->bl.y, md->spawn->xs, md->spawn->ys, battle_config.no_spawn_on_player?4:0) ) {				// retry again later				if( md->spawn_timer != INVALID_TIMER )					timer->delete(md->spawn_timer, mob->delayspawn);				md->spawn_timer = timer->add(tick+5000,mob->delayspawn,md->bl.id,0);				return 1;			}		} else if( battle_config.no_spawn_on_player > 99 && map->foreachinrange(mob->count_sub, &md->bl, AREA_SIZE, BL_PC) ) {			// retry again later (players on sight)			if( md->spawn_timer != INVALID_TIMER )				timer->delete(md->spawn_timer, mob->delayspawn);			md->spawn_timer = timer->add(tick+5000,mob->delayspawn,md->bl.id,0);			return 1;		}	}	memset(&md->state, 0, sizeof(md->state));	status_calc_mob(md, SCO_FIRST);	md->attacked_id = 0;	md->target_id = 0;	md->move_fail_count = 0;	md->ud.state.attack_continue = 0;	md->ud.target_to = 0;	md->ud.dir = 0;	if( md->spawn_timer != INVALID_TIMER )	{		timer->delete(md->spawn_timer, mob->delayspawn);		md->spawn_timer = INVALID_TIMER;	}	//md->master_id = 0;	md->master_dist = 0;	md->state.aggressive = (md->status.mode&MD_ANGRY) ? 1 : 0;	md->state.skillstate = MSS_IDLE;	md->next_walktime = tick+rnd()%1000+MIN_RANDOMWALKTIME;	md->last_linktime = tick;	md->dmgtick = tick - 5000;	md->last_pcneartime = 0;	for (i = 0, c = tick-MOB_MAX_DELAY; i < MAX_MOBSKILL; i++)		md->skilldelay[i] = c;	memset(md->dmglog, 0, sizeof(md->dmglog));	md->tdmg = 0;	if (md->lootitem)		memset(md->lootitem, 0, sizeof(*md->lootitem));	md->lootitem_count = 0;	if(md->db->option)		// Added for carts, falcons and pecos for cloned monsters. [Valaris]		md->sc.option = md->db->option;	// MvP tomb [GreenBox]	if ( md->tomb_nid )		mob->mvptomb_destroy(md);	map->addblock(&md->bl);	if( map->list[md->bl.m].users )		clif->spawn(&md->bl);	skill->unit_move(&md->bl,tick,1);	mob->skill_use(md, tick, MSC_SPAWN);	return 0;}

And can you explain these to me? What are those for?

md->attacked_id = 0;
md->target_id = 0;
md->move_fail_count = 0;

Thank you so much.

You're welcome buddy,

The way i did was,
Under int64 c= 0;
You have to write int m = md->bl.m; so you can get the spawning mob map, and ask for the mapflag later on.

I've changed the mob status through the  if( map->list[m].mobpower != 100right before md->attacked_id = 0; on mob_spawn, that's why i wrote that down on the other post, forgot to mention why it was there XD

I don't know if there's much diference on where to modificate it's status, but before md->attacked_id = 0; worked fine for me. ( still newbie on source edit's )

The mapflag way will not change the mobs stats that have already spawned, so you have to spawn the mob after you setmapflag or write the mapflag from the server start. (Little confuse but i think i got the point)

o/

Hope Hercules Pluguin creates a easier way of creating mapflags
Right now it is a pain in the ass, with a lot of changes to make. T-T

@@raPalooza~

I'll try it. Thank you for the info  :D

EDIT:

@@raPalooza~

Can you tell me what's lhw.atk? xD Can't seem to find it. I only knew rhw.atk..

And also what is batk? base attack?

Do you also know where can I modify the magical attack damage without altering the mob's int?

Thankyou :D

Edited by Lord Ganja

@@Lord Ganja

RHW AND LHW stands for Right Hand Weapon and Left Hand Weapon, i'm not sure it makes any diference, i was testing at the time how it works

yes batk is the basic atack. I havent played enouth with the mob's stat to give you a good answer of what each one does but, i think you can start testing it out.

No idea on the magic attack part x_X

Monster's MATK is based mostly on their ATK2.

#define MOB_MATK1(mobdata)( ((mobdata)->lv + (mobdata)->status.int_) + (mobdata)->status.rhw.atk2 * 7 / 10 )#define MOB_MATK2(mobdata)( ((mobdata)->lv + (mobdata)->status.int_) + (mobdata)->status.rhw.atk2 * 13 / 10 )
Edited by Anisotropic Defixation