jezznarRox

[WIP] PASS. Project: Anti-bot Security System

Project: Anti-bot Security System

Hi Hercules Community!

Finally, I have finished my very first Project: Anti-bot Security System. This is not your average antibot because it is not only done in-game, it is a system that puts together in-game scripts, encryption, Google's very own reCaptcha, and interaction with the FluxCP.

Tested fully compatible with Hercules.

Features: 
1. Impenetrable in-game bot check

• [*]Even if a botter figures out how the algorithm works he still has to go through a few more steps

2. FluxCP integration

• [*]Easy integration with FluxCP [*]Can be used with other CP's but will not be majorly supported for fixes

3. Google's reCaptcha v2

• [*]Google boasts of it's bot detection, reCaptcha v2! Check all about it here: 
reCaptcha Site.

Video Coming Soon!

Some Screenies:
When everything goes well:
post-11292-0-04617100-1445427787_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-39510800-1445427791_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-59515000-1445427789_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-89383700-1445427793_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-44213100-1445427643_thumb.pngpost-11292-0-65286300-1445427636_thumb.pngpost-11292-0-66593700-1445427800_thumb.jpg

When somethig goes wrong or when someone tries to bypass something:
post-11292-0-18096900-1445427796_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-50787700-1445427798_thumb.jpgpost-11292-0-78698700-1445427616_thumb.pngpost-11292-0-90513700-1445427622_thumb.pngpost-11292-0-90600100-1445427630_thumb.png

Interested? Feel free to contact me. wink.png

Edited by jezznarRox

So it's like, in game npc prompts you to go to web, web will give you code, and you enter it ingame?

Definately, I would stop playing if that's happening, its frustating to open web browser and do several steps to just play.

So it's like, in game npc prompts you to go to web, web will give you code, and you enter it ingame?

Definately, I would stop playing if that's happening, its frustating to open web browser and do several steps to just play.

Indeed, any antibot method that requires that lot of interaction is frustrating, and by the way I'm guessing that this is only done on login, right? so what stops the player from doing everything manual and then running the bot after passing the check?

Well, it's a floating script/npc. And Yes that's about it. It's not really frustrating, there's always an option to reward people in-game or give them votepoints or whatever it is that can give them a good feeling for complying. :)

Indeed, any antibot method that requires that lot of interaction is frustrating, and by the way I'm guessing that this is only done on login, right? so what stops the player from doing everything manual and then running the bot after passing the check?

The bot check happens the moment you login then next bot check is done after x amount time that is configurable within the script, then the same amount of time for consecutive successful verification. So if you logout, you're gonna have to do go over it again.

Quite unusual approach.

Looks fresh, but I'm not sure if I could get used to it as a player. If this would appear too frequent - it would be annoying, but if only 1 check on whole session - bot owner could just enter code and use bot after that.

Quite unusual approach.

Looks fresh, but I'm not sure if I could get used to it as a player. If this would appear too frequent - it would be annoying, but if only 1 check on whole session - bot owner could just enter code and use bot after that.

Point taken. Then for now configuring a considerable triggering time is what's needed.

@all, thanks for the insights, I'm actually thinking of ways to extend this :D

i like the idea but honestly i would drag xxxxRO to the recycle bin in 0.5 seconds. Just use the rand command with numbers and ask the user to enter it in a set amount of time...........

i like the idea but honestly i would drag xxxxRO to the recycle bin in 0.5 seconds. Just use the rand command with numbers and ask the user to enter it in a set amount of time...........

Thanks for the insight. Changing this to a WIP :)

Should just ask randomly throughout the playing session, maybe only once or twice.

Once within 10-30 minutes after login then after passing wait 15 minutes, then randomly through a timeframe.

Don't count idle time and somehow detect bot like behavior (in the same zone, killing the same monster over and over for long periods of time, etc