Ind

Hercules WPE Free - June 14th Patch

for anyone who requires, the 3 keys are hardcoded to each client, you can search the keys in hex editor and modify for something unique.

for those with IDA / OllyDBG, the keys are pushed just before the PACKET_CZ_ENTER reference (not the actual string)

.text:007962A7 0F 84 77 FC FF FF                       jz      loc_795F24
.text:007962AD 8B 0D 04 0F 98 00                       mov     ecx, dword_980F04
.text:007962B3 68 05 22 05 22                          push    22052205h // key 3
.text:007962B8 68 05 22 05 22                          push    22052205h // key 2
.text:007962BD 68 05 22 05 76                          push    76052205h // key 1
.text:007962C2 E8 A9 64 E3 FF                          call    sub_5CC770
.text:007962C7 68 6C 30 89 00                          push    offset aPacket_cz_ente ; "PACKET_CZ_ENTER"
.text:007962CC E8 6F 19 C7 FF                          call    nullsub_1
.text:007962D1 B9 2D 02 00 00                          mov     ecx, 22Dh
.text:007962D6 83 C4 04                                add     esp, 4
.text:007962D9 66 89 4C 24 48                          mov     word ptr [esp+3ECh+cp+2], cx

Just an update the structure is a bit different in the new clients. The 3 key pushes comes up a lot of instructions before

push PACKET_CZ_ENTER.

so just scroll up a bit once you find 

68 6C 30 89 00 (push offset aPacket_cz_ente)

If WPE are now able to counter,

- im hoping and looking forward also for DDos Protection.. :)

DDOS will not be covered by the hercules dev and staff. It's the duty of your hosting to provide ddos protection since it's a hardware related and this project is a software related.

A thing is missing :

The possibility to configure our own packet key (3 key) in the conf file :)

Even RPE blocks this update?

Yes, anything that may be used to send packets outside of the client will not function (if you send as much as 1 packet outside of the client the formula in the client and in the server will go off, and the server will disconnect you in the next packet).

I'm using 07162012 ragexe and if I diff the client with "Disable Nagle Algorithm" I get disconnected at random times or whenever I try to disband my guild. So I would suggest that people uncheck that diff. This maybe an isolated case, but that's how it was for me. Tested with different diff combinations and removing that one along with skip packet obfuscation seems to fix the issue.

I'm using 07162012 ragexe and if I diff the client with "Disable Nagle Algorithm" I get disconnected at random times or whenever I try to disband my guild. So I would suggest that people uncheck that diff. This maybe an isolated case, but that's how it was for me. Tested with different diff combinations and removing that one along with skip packet obfuscation seems to fix the issue.

Does this occur on a clean version of Hercules?

Does this occur on a clean version of Hercules?

I don't have src mods. I only have custom npcs and edits to the import files. I even did a fresh checkout of packets.h to make sure I have the latest version from the main branch. For now, I would say that the anti-WPE feature is a little overprotective. Sometimes, clicking an npc - move - click npc again results in disconnection. Of course this will require further testing because it's too early to confirm or disprove my findings. And I love this emulator for rolling out updates that makes so much sense. So, salut!