Ind

Hercules WPE Free - June 14th Patch

how about the nagle algorithm? did you disable it?

I'm somewhat confused in setting this up.

I patched 2012-07-16 ragexe normally, without using skip packet obfuscation. When i try to connect a get that unknown packet error>?

Hope someone can point me to where I'm setting it up wrong

I'd suggest you try with a different client date and see if it works o-o it could be that particular date has something different about it or that our decryption key for that date is incorrect

alright will do ind. Though looking at the clients supported it lists 2012-07-16. Is that ragexe?

Anyway I'll try 2012-06-18 ragexe next

i already try 2012-07-16 and it works perfectly.

Thanks to this great reveal.

I am going to dedicate some of my time to make full "Bahasa Melayu" guide on using Hercules as an alternative to rAthena.

im using 20130605 ragexe.exe client and i have an error unknown packet error

Uncheck ' Disable Packet Encryption '.

@topic

Awesome update. :D

im using 20130605 ragexe.exe client and i have an error unknown packet error

Uncheck ' Disable Packet Encryption '.

@topic

Awesome update. :D

thanks its working now...

I bet Harmony is moved on this update.

PS: Does this mean goodbye Harmony? Since for I know most of the server only buy harmony to get rid of bot/wpe and mostly disable the most harmony security stuff. ( NDL , SPEED HACK )

Though I find personally that harmony is really a rock solid when it comes to security ; its just that most of the players get auto-ban, and crazy weird stuff in playing default harmony setup server.

You'd have to remove and for me I only use harmony for bot/wpe.

Edited by Valor

This only prevents WPE, botting is still possible as well as editing the grf to remove that 100ms of skill effect delay. So in that sense harmony is still useful for server owners to prevent their users from editing anything they deem bad.

This only prevents WPE, botting is still possible as well as editing the grf to remove that 100ms of skill effect delay. So in that sense harmony is still useful for server owners to prevent their users from editing anything they deem bad.

I thought they say skill_amotion_leniency prevents skill effect delay cheating? I dunno, just checking.

Hello. I'm using 2012-04-10a. Tried RageexeRE and Rageexe. It disconnects me whenever I try to connect. I always get unsupported packets 0x0369 and 0x094b. I diffed these 2 clients without skip packet header obfuscation and Disable Nagle Algorithm but still can't login.

packet_obfuscation: 2

Using 2012-04-10aRagexeRE,

packet_obfuscation : 2

uncheck skip_packet_obfuscation

WPE still usable to me..

anyone can figure this out?

Yes, the 2012-04 clients (and possibly a few others) have their keys chosen in such a way that makes the client effectively always use the same encryption key for each sent packet (thus allowing you to replay a packet as much as you want in WPE.)

You can either use a newer client, or edit the keys yourself in both client (you'll have to hex-edit it) and server (edit the appropriate packetKeys line for your PACKETVER in src/map/packets.h and recompile.)

can we use securegrf so that players will not be able to edit grf ?

#if PACKETVER >= 20120410    

packetKeys(0x01581359,0x452D6FFA,0x6AFB6E2E); /* Thanks to Shakto */    

+#endif

for 20120410

but still can use WPE? can anyone help me with this?

Edited by dhaisuke

I bet Harmony is moved on this update.

PS: Does this mean goodbye Harmony? Since for I know most of the server only buy harmony to get rid of bot/wpe and mostly disable the most harmony security stuff. ( NDL , SPEED HACK )

Though I find personally that harmony is really a rock solid when it comes to security ; its just that most of the players get auto-ban, and crazy weird stuff in playing default harmony setup server.

You'd have to remove and for me I only use harmony for bot/wpe.

Harmony will still be useful for me until some sort of MAC address logging and filtering is developed for Hercules as an official feature. c: