What do you think? about Map Designer

Customer = think

Customer = pay

Map Designer = created

Map Designer = send to customer

After few week 

Map Designer = Show Case that map

Map Designer = Release that map

Happen to me , more than 2 map and it not only 1 designer.

It happen since 2011 , 2013 until now.

I never check the map topic in this forums , until someone told me yesterday.

What do you think ?

Fair for customer ?

PS.If you know, you are that designer, contact me back via inbox message www.Facebook.com/Go2Jam 

before your name , face real life , transaction , and proof mail show on all our team site.

Thank you

Regards.

GOODEV.net

GO2Jam.net

RagRenewal.com

PlaywowThai.com

Edited by goodev

did you paid for a exclusive map ?

Yes.

However this topic just for asking funny

because it since 2011 and 2013 designer, but i just know this case yesterday lol.

there are 3 different kinds of scripters

1 that just write for fun and knowledge <- like me, but this kind of member going to extinct someday

1 that just write for money

1 that just write for fame

yes if you meet those write for money or write for knowledge, then you won't run into this kind of problem

but seems your problem is, you met the one who write for fame

those who write for fame, they want to get credits from the community

-> like this topic

they will feel they want to get recognize from the community

because they feel all the hard work they put in, nobody recognize their ability

that's why they want to release them to public to show they are capable of doing this and that

well, from a customer side its quite hard to understand this ....

yes its very unfair to customer, customer will feel like their idea got stolen

I guess the same things happen with scripting or map designing

I write for the fun andalso in my life my job n money suck so services are out of the question right now. ><

1 that just write for fun and knowledge <- like me, but this kind of member going to extinct someday

yes if you meet those write for money or write for knowledge, then you won't run into this kind of problem

-> like this topic

that's why they want to release them to public to show they are capable of doing this and that

I think it isn't fair to use that post as example for someone that is a famewhore.

There is a difference between someone that is all about fame and someone that is so insecure that he falls in a hole just because he feels like he is not recognized at all and seeks a explanetion. I remember that conversation and i would say it was more about a insecure person that felt like he has nothing to give and felt sad because that what he gave didn't get recognized at all. Not because he didn't get enough fame.

But your definition looks pretty right to me, except there are also mixes. People that have a passion for a thing but are also about making money etc. It is not that all black and white, there are a lot of shades in between.

I guess it depends on the person you have a deal with, it is quiet tempting to get your development costs paid and afterwards you sell it to the masses or release it for free for free promotion in the community.

This real face and proof thing is nonsense by the way, it is simple to fake and what will you do with it at all? Proof that someone is a scammer? He could allways claim it's faked. If that doesn't work out, he just would change his name and start all over if shit hits the fan. I doubt you will try to sue him, it would cost more then what most people pay for by far and given the country barrier it would be far worse, so having that data is worth nothing.

I think the only way to be sure is to check the reputation of that person on boards like herc.ws, where people comment on services etc. It might not be 100% secure, but it is the only way that makes sense. 

I'm going to go ahead and reply to this topic.

Because it pertains to me, not because I feel the need to defend myself, but only because i'll go ahead and shed some light on this topic.  

This incident happened in 2011, back when I was still a new mapper on eA.  I had created Aeven Forest, which some people know this map because it is a free release.  However, Goodev did buy it at one point and commissioned me for another map which he blew up about on eA and caused this drama of a thread, which is all in the past now so its no big deal.

He did purchase Aeven when I had created it and I waited 6 months before releasing it.  However he never bought exclusive rights.  This was a dumb mistake on my part as I was still just really new at mapping.  I wasn't just trying to get money, if anyone knows me they know I undercharge for maps.  I just made a stupid decision back then.  That's all.  

I thought i'd just clarify that before things get out of control.

There is no need for a thread like this on here when there was one on eA when  you were unhappy with the other map.  Posting my 'real info' on sites just really is kinda lowly.  Goodev and I have talked since this thread so, yeah.

Again, just thought i'd shed some light on the situation before this topic really does spiral and a bunch of assumptions are made.  

Thanks!

How trashy do you have to be to threaten to expose someone's contact details? Grow the hell up, kid.

EDIT:And what exclusive contact info do you think you have? Chemii is a public figure on rA and Herc. Everyone who wants it can just check her profile, facebook page, or ask for her skype, paypal, email, and full name. Lol

Talkin' like you got a big stick. Sit down.

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Edited by AzuraSkyy

-> like this topic

I think it isn't fair to use that post as example for someone that is a famewhore.

There is a difference between someone that is all about fame and someone that is so insecure that he falls in a hole just because he feels like he is not recognized at all and seeks a explanetion. I remember that conversation and i would say it was more about a insecure person that felt like he has nothing to give and felt sad because that what he gave didn't get recognized at all. Not because he didn't get enough fame.

But your definition looks pretty right to me, except there are also mixes. People that have a passion for a thing but are also about making money etc. It is not that all black and white, there are a lot of shades in between.

I guess it depends on the person you have a deal with, it is quiet tempting to get your development costs paid and afterwards you sell it to the masses or release it for free for free promotion in the community.

This real face and proof thing is nonsense by the way, it is simple to fake and what will you do with it at all? Proof that someone is a scammer? He could allways claim it's faked. If that doesn't work out, he just would change his name and start all over if shit hits the fan. I doubt you will try to sue him, it would cost more then what most people pay for by far and given the country barrier it would be far worse, so having that data is worth nothing.

I think the only way to be sure is to check the reputation of that person on boards like herc.ws, where people comment on services etc. It might not be 100% secure, but it is the only way that makes sense. 

That's how I feel too :P