jTynne

Is Renewal EXP working...?

Question

I'm killing Ludes (1509) at various levels above, same level, lower than, etc, and I'm receiving half the base experience that's displayed in @mi 1509. I have no source edits to experience algorithms or the like. @mi shows I should be receiving 2030 base EXP at 1x rates, and I'm receiving 1015 base EXP instead. I have the renewal EXP setting uncommented in the renewal config src file.

16 answers to this question

Any monster, I can be the same level as the monster, and it will still award me half of what's displayed in the @mi window for base experience. Again, Job EXP is working properly. :(

Update: It has.. randomly started working correctly. This makes absolutely no sense. I haven't changed anything with experience for a few days. Odd. Marking this as solved. -_- 

your char level and monster level gap affect the exp gain.

Yeah... and it's not working. XD Renewal EXP is busted.

@@AnnieRuru, I wish I was better at coding, I found that part in the code myself but I have no idea what I'm doing. T_T

@@Triedge, thank you for posting a confirmation image<3

I don't understand this whole thing about,

actually I also confused when I test in game

I didn't get the exp penalty when I'm level 170 killing a level 101 mob

according to this table, I should have only 10% exp gain if I'm 40 levels higher than the mobs ...

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/master/db/re/level_penalty.txt

yet, I'm still getting full exp

-	script	kdsjfsfj	-1,{OnNPCKillEvent:	dispbottom "Lv: "+ getmonsterinfo( killedrid, MOB_LV ) +" BaseExp: "+ getmonsterinfo( killedrid, MOB_BASEEXP ) +" JobExp: "+ getmonsterinfo( killedrid, MOB_JOBEXP );}
post-4102-0-46339700-1451586571_thumb.jpg

Its not working, need edit in level_penalty db(race Id were changed, and that db was forgotten)

Upon updating the level penalty file with the correct race (11/12 for non-boss, boss), I think experience is still not applying 100% correctly. I'm still only receiving half of what's displayed in my @mi window in most instances.

If you have

atcommand_mobinfo_type set to 1 (battle/gm.conf)

It will show you exact exp that you will gain...

(There's misleading description for that config, it should have also mentioned about exp)

If you have

atcommand_mobinfo_type set to 1 (battle/gm.conf)

It will show you exact exp that you will gain...

(There's misleading description for that config, it should have also mentioned about exp)

Strange, that's what I have it set to and it's still not giving the correct experience amounts.

experror.png

With 1x experience rates enabled on the server, with minor adjustments to how I want the level penalty to scale (even with default level penalty file, this still happens), I'm receiving half of the correct BASE experience. Job experience seems to be working correctly. In the above screenshot, this is with a character at base level 101, which is the same as the monster defeated (Lude, #1509). This problem persists even when far above the defeated monster. What's shown in @showexp setting (displayed experience) versus @mi, does not match one another.

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/commit/d83cae0fbd1bed4a10dc2976baf797c297018574

Willow: Level 8, I am Level 89, so it should give 10% of exp, and it gives, Proof:

IzQ5cKV.jpg

Archer Skeleton(Lv 50): I am Level 39: Should give 135% extra exp, which it gives:

5YXuzBV.jpg

Any other test that you want me to do? @@jTynne

Strange; I'm *still* only receiving half the base experience I'm supposed to, even with what's shown in @mi with the setting enabled to show the exact EXP gained with a kill.

gm.conf:

atcommand_mobinfo_type: 1

exp.conf

// Rate at which exp. is given. (Note 2)
base_exp_rate: 100

// Rate at which job exp. is given. (Note 2)
job_exp_rate: 100

level_penalty.txt:
// EXP modifiers due to level difference

1,12,-6,500
1,12,-11,300

renewal.h:

#define RENEWAL_EXP

Strange; I'm *still* only receiving half the base experience I'm supposed to, even with what's shown in @mi with the setting enabled to show the exact EXP gained with a kill.

gm.conf:

atcommand_mobinfo_type: 1

exp.conf

// Rate at which exp. is given. (Note 2)
base_exp_rate: 100

// Rate at which job exp. is given. (Note 2)
job_exp_rate: 100

level_penalty.txt:
// EXP modifiers due to level difference

1,12,-6,500
1,12,-11,300

renewal.h:

#define RENEWAL_EXP

Which monster you are trying to kill, and what level are you?

Any monster, I can be the same level as the monster, and it will still award me half of what's displayed in the @mi window for base experience. Again, Job EXP is working properly. :(

Update: It has.. randomly started working correctly. This makes absolutely no sense. I haven't changed anything with experience for a few days. Odd. Marking this as solved. -_-

Maybe you weren't having that much exp to gain(You might be max level) xD