Blinzer

source code and db modifications

sup, i was wondering how much of the source code for hercules would be moved around from say, 2 years ago. would stuff be found in different places, or did you guys only add stuff to the end? bug fixes made around here and there? etc.

also, did any of the _db files get their format changed since 2 years ago?

context: asking because i made heavy modifications to source code of a hercules(battle.c, status.c and skill.c) i downloaded 2 years ago, and might want to get to a more recent version depending on how important it is

Edited by Blinzer

Well if your Hercules is definitely 2 years old, I would upgrade. We have changed things like mob_db structure. What I would do is find all the changes you made to the source and add it to a new revision of Hercules.

Like when I make changes in the source, I label it either //Aeromesi or //eSperiaRO just to label it a change I made so if I ever need to find those changes, a simple CTRL+F with "//Aeromesi" or "//eSperiaRO" will find those changes right away.

2 years :x, its probably many many changes. Like renewal phase(changing to pointers) , emerging of Plugins, and many format change of db files(though there are tools to convert those).

You should update Hercules, but in the same time, it would take some time to fix conflicts if there are massive edits...

Also labeling is not important @@Aeromesi

The conflict have 2 part, the local and remote changes, so you can easily make off the difference and fix it accordingly

2 years :x, its probably many many changes. Like renewal phase(changing to pointers) , emerging of Plugins, and many format change of db files(though there are tools to convert those).

You should update Hercules, but in the same time, it would take some time to fix conflicts if there are massive edits...

Also labeling is not important @@Aeromesi

The conflict have 2 part, the local and remote changes, so you can easily make off the difference and fix it accordingly

Well if your Hercules is definitely 2 years old, I would upgrade. We have changed things like mob_db structure. What I would do is find all the changes you made to the source and add it to a new revision of Hercules.

Like when I make changes in the source, I label it either //Aeromesi or //eSperiaRO just to label it a change I made so if I ever need to find those changes, a simple CTRL+F with "//Aeromesi" or "//eSperiaRO" will find those changes right away.

I see, thanks.