Sign in to follow this  
Rytech

Where's The Fair Use? #WTFU

Im usually a quiet person but today ive decided to open my mouth and say something since me and millions of other have had enough of youtube's content ID / copyright strike system which is now clearly doing more harm then good. The past 2 years have been bad and is only getting more and more worse over the passing months.

Its now 2016 and the year started with video's/channels being randomly taken down which turns out to be the work of some brothers who are trying to own the rights to "Reacting" to things. WTF IS THIS SHIT!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY????? Now people are coming out open to the public about whats been happening and out of all of this, youtube (google) doesn't appear to be doing anything. It seems its up to the internet to fix this.

A movement has started as this can not go on any longer. People are now asking "Where's The Fair Use?" as it seems to not exist anymore even tho there's copyright laws that's "supposed" to protect us. But somehow company's are getting through this.

Join the internet and let your voice be herd. ‪#‎WTFU‬. Post it, tweet it, talk about it, do whatever you can. Together we can beat this and get things back to the way they used to be. For a better understanding of the situation, watch this video....

Where's The Fair Use? - Nostalgia Critic

Funny seeing as most of the big content creators on youtube are under some sort of network to prevent things like this. Looks like they won't get off their asses and go to bat for their clients :^) . So, two things can happen: Either they get together and start filing lawsuits or leave YouTube. There's no incentive for YouTube to give content creators any kind of help. They need YouTube for money and hosting exponentially more than YouTube needs them and if they leave then oh well 5 other kids looking to get e-famous will fill their spot.

I might come off as cynical but I've been seeing this kind of doom and gloom talked about youtube since as early as '08 and now 8 years later the site is so big that it's just another arm of the media...Really, they're just better off finding another community. If there's anything the internet has taught me over the years is that people don't leave something they're on unless it's down for an excessive amount of time or they just get tired of the bullshit and go somewhere else - Hercules being an example.

Edited by sketchyphoenix