Sign in to follow this  
Samuel

Please Implement Accound Bound Items

I know this is custom feature which does not exist in official servers but there's no harm in asking if we could implement this in Hercules. :)

Information
This system would allow (non-stackable, non-pet-egg) items to be bounded
onto a player's account. This means that the bounded items cannot be
traded, dropped, auctioned, nor mailed. But, they can be storaged so
that it can be shared among the characters of that account.

Features:
- Item coloration to distinguish bounded items and non-bounded ones
- Script commands (getitembound, getitembound2, equipisbounded) to create and check for bounded items
- At commands (@itembound, @itembound2) to create bounded items
- New group permission (can_trade_bounded) to allow the group to
distribute these bounded items if enabled (mostly just for High GMs /
Admins)
- Changes to the SQL files to track bounded items. This would effect cart, inventory, and storage databases.

Original Topic: http://rathena.org/board/topic/71152-account-bound-items/ (Sorry if it's not allowed to link rathena here, you may delete it if you want)

Thanks!

is this feature complete? last i checked the client doesnt display colors to items in cart (or was it storage)?

is this feature complete? last i checked the client doesnt display colors to items in cart (or was it storage)?

Yup, as of now those problems are still unresolved due to unknown packets, but the system is working,

If it's just missing packets we'll be fine because we got the world best packet hunter, Yommy :D

That's what I'm going to say, :D

I think this is the one they're looking for,

If you are able to find these packets (ie. PACKET_ZC_ADD_ITEM_TO_STORE3 and/or PACKET_ZC_ADD_ITEM_TO_CART3), please let me know! -as said in the original topic xD

bump for this.. :)

Edit:

Tried doing the conversion of rathena's code of account bound but I'm failing with the client packets thing due to difference how the emulators read packets for different clients and I'm really finding it hard to understand, :P

and without the options for the stackdump for windows, i'm finding it hard where is the error, xD

Edited by Samuel

As there must be some official file to add items, if I'm not mistaken in aegis are ItemMoveInfo.txt and ItemMoveInfoV4.txt

There is a message to equip item that opens a window with Yes or no, if marked Yes the item is equipped and linked the account if it is marked not the item is not equipped.

msgstringtable.txt

lines 1328 and 1329.

This item will be permanently bound to this character once it is equipped. Do you really want to equip this item?#%s is now permanently bound to this character.#

I hope hercules support this feature, I hope it helped with the information for that system.

This system works in many ways, blocks the drop of the item, the sale in npc, among other functions.

Edited by Beret

In my understanding, "anything" means that an incomplete BG is not completed yet (4 months), rathena's NPCs are not introduced (2 months), and for the last half of the year did not introduced any new features from kRO.

Edited by Wend

In my understanding, "anything" means that an incomplete BG is not completed yet (4 months), rathena's NPCs are not introduced (2 months), and for the last half of the year did not introduced any new features from kRO.

That the BG System is still incomplete is  the fault of the Community ,  Ind askes so many times for Answers and  bug testers . I was the Only One who tested the shit out of the system  and reported the bugs. Atm only 2 Features are not Working .  

the system is nearly finished,  You can easy Create a BG with the QUEUE system , just look at the Flavius test script . you just need to add arround 10+ Lines ina KVM script to make it work with the queue system.

Personally,i feel only the bug tracker section had  responses  last 2 months , myabe devs  are busy

i think bugs got Prio #1  , we got much less bugs then other  RO emus , they get fixed pretty fast.

the current doesn't work as the official team, Kenpachi an item for example it asks if you want to link the item to account and pressing yes the item is attached to the account.

As the file ItemMoveInfoV4.txt has the following safety:

Drop, Trade, Storage, Cart, NPC, mail, auction 

Using the item_trade.txt is very limited in which making all that kind of item in the server to be account bound. With this feature, we'll be able to give an item that is account bounded but at the same time that item is still available in the game in a non account bounded form.

This could also help server owners who doesn't have checks for Mac Address as they can give items they want without hesitation due to the fact that their players might abuse the rewards they're giving. :)

I already done to revise this feature, but I'm having problem in pulling it ..

provide .patch files here and maybe devs may apply them!

I already done to revise this feature, but I'm having problem in pulling it ..

What you could always do is make a copy of Hercules in your github account, make changes there, then make a pull request. xD