Lavenblade

Font color change on GUI

Question

I'm currently working on creating a new skin for my client.

An example to get the idea of what I'm going for:

6WTwUBy.png

However, the text on some windows are automatically generated. Meaning, it doesn't blend well with the colors I have selected.

An example of the title below:

0jjzSOR.png

Back to my question, is there any way at all to change the font color of all of the text that is output onto UI elements?

All suggestions and solutions are appreciated!

6 answers to this question

I think the text colours are embedded directly into the executable file, so unless you are very good at hexing, I don't think this is possible... I might be wrong though!

I think the text colours are embedded directly into the executable file, so unless you are very good at hexing, I don't think this is possible... I might be wrong though!

Hmm, can anyone confirm if the only way to do this is via hexing?

If so, has anyone done this before? Can this be done with a simple find and replace? I have zero experience hexing, so I could not accomplish this alone. Perhaps something like this is straightforward and easy to accomplish. Looking for anymore insight if possible.

Normally those sort of messages are automatically set through the client. Your skin looks good so far though. I think if you remove the word "message" you might be better off.

Other than chat color (since there is @fontcolor to modify that) almost all of the Texts are drawn using colors already set inside the exe.

So yeah I would say it would be a good idea to go with what @@Mysterious suggested. I am assuming you are using NEMO for patching -

Change the "Message" in TranslateClient.txt to  "" and use a MsgBox pic with the word Message already added 

Edited by Neo