Rytech

r804 - 2nd Batch of Summoner Skills

For the r804 update my random pick on what to do lead to me doing a bunch of Summoner skills and a few other things. The Rebels have some working skills making them more worth playing, but Summoners could use some love too. So ive decided to add in their buffs and supportive skills.

Skills expected to be complete by the update release....

SU_ARCLOUSEDASH
SU_TUNABELLY
SU_TUNAPARTY
SU_BUNCHOFSHRIMP
SU_FRESHSHRIMP

If there's any players on your server playing as a Summoner, let them know that these skills will soon work. ;)

Other fixes to be included....

*RK_DRAGONBREATH

*RK_DRAGONBREATH_WATER

-Fixed a issue where the ice pick effect was affecting the damage.

=Update April 7, 2016=

SU_POWEROFSEA and SU_TUNABELLY won't make it in the update due to some excess work needed to healing related code. ill add this in r805.

SU_POWEROFSEA <-- April 6, 2015 kRO Sakray update behavior will be added to this.

2016  :D

SU_POWEROFSEA <-- April 6, 2015 kRO Sakray update behavior will be added to this.

2016  :D

Thanks. :P  SU_POWEROFSEA and SU_TUNABELLY won't make it in the update due to some excess work needed to healing related code. ill add this in r805.

Awwww thank you. That makes me feel good and want to develop even more. I miss doing development for IntenseRO. Everything I did in 3CeAM I got to see in action from others players there and in return I got to have some fun and later collect bug reports to fix things in 3CeAM. Sadly the server is pretty much dead now. Need to find a new home to work in.

I have a good understanding on why Herc still doesn't properly support the 2015 clients. The 2015-05-13 is supported but the 2015-10-29 came with a change in the chat packet where the zero byte that used to be at the end of each message was removed. So the function clif_process_message in clif.c thought of this as a forged packet and rejects it. I added some code to it to fix the issue a while back which took 3 or 4 updates.

Dastgir and Jedzkie tried to merge the update in Hercules since clif_process_message is the same in Herc, but it refuses to compile when they do which is part of why the support is not yet added. None of us understood the compile error message. One of them said it might be best to just recode the entire chat system which could take a long time. But thats not the only thing delaying the support and best not to get into it.

As for 2016 client support, I added support for the 2016-03-23bRagexe recently but its just for development purposes only since I don't plan on releasing the client due to differences being small and a number of Nemo's patches fail on it.

I could look into it. But it might be a while since its not a high priority. I do see item packets use unsigned short values for item ID's which makes the max ID possible 65535 and the current possible is I think 32767. ill see what I can do.

I could look into it. But it might be a while since its not a high priority. I do see item packets use unsigned short values for item ID's which makes the max ID possible 65535 and the current possible is I think 32767. ill see what I can do.

great thanks and it's okay take your time

I'm sorry, but I won't have drama being tossed around. If you have problems with the way things are, no one is forcing you to stick with one thing. Topic will be closed if drama starts up. Thanks. 

@@Mysterious

I saw the first few posts and didn't think it would get this bad. Im really sorry.

@Others

Was going to say something to help better understand things but too much drama happened. Best to close the topic.