Sign in to follow this  
Ezeriel

GM command @item Hang/Freeze Server

Question

Hi there... I need help regarding my GM Command @item.

When I use it my Server hangs/freeze then I have to restart again the run-server.bat and yet no item is created.

In short I cannot use @item command.  :wacko:

My herc folder is recent, I configured my Server for almost a week now.

Thank you for checking out this topic hoping you can help me.  :P

15 answers to this question

@@Ezeriel Weird !

Try download clean svn again, and compile correctly.

Btw, what is your server specification ?

Hi Sir @@mrlongshen,

I followed your instruction downloaded new SVN, compiled it with No errors and 2nd do you mean if Pre-Re or Renewal? I change nothing so it's Renewal.

Attached is a Screenshot of my "run-server.bat" from the Top-Left = login-server.bat, map-server.bat, inter-server.bat and at the Lower-Right is my RO Server that hangs/freeze after using GM command.

Sir when setting a GM account its SQL Table [group_id] is set to 99 right?

post-11520-0-06445700-1460808063_thumb.png

Also, I got a Warning about IP Wildcard. . it must be the friend of mine doing LAN experiment.. I wonder how do I solve this Warning too Sir.  

P.S - I just found out that I cannot use some of the GM commands such as @item, @monster etc.

Thank you Sir, hoping you can help me.

Edited by Ezeriel

@@Ezeriel yup. Its true. The default running renewal. About the wildcard just ignore it. I have also that warning.

So you are running windows 8 workstation right ? Have you try running as administrator ? True group id is 99 for administrator.

Edited by mrlongshen

@@Ezeriel yup. Its true. The default running renewal. About the wildcard just ignore it. I have also that warning.

So you are running windows 8 workstation right ? Have you try running as administrator ? True group id is 99 for administrator.

@@mrlongshen, I'm running Windows 10 x64-Bit.. and I use Admin account no other User.. and it should Run as Administrator because UAC/User Account Control is prompted every time I run the program.

By the way Sir have you check my Screenshot..  what could be wrong?  :wacko:

Same as me, im running windows 7 64 Bit, when i use @item Apple, it will hangs the server and client, but if i restart MySQL Service it will run again. 

Any Fix?

i Found the problem, its the log SQL.

Make sure you set your inter_server.conf log database in the correct database.

// MySQL Log SQL Database
log_db_ip: 127.0.0.1
log_db_port: 3306
log_db_id: root
log_db_pw: password
log_db_db: log
log_codepage:
log_login_db: loginlog

Hope this helps

post-12999-0-80807500-1461344689_thumb.jpg

Edited by elunechen

Same as me, im running windows 7 64 Bit, when i use @item Apple, it will hangs the server and client, but if i restart MySQL Service it will run again. 

Any Fix?

i Found the problem, its the log SQL.

Make sure you set your inter_server.conf log database in the correct database.

// MySQL Log SQL Database
log_db_ip: 127.0.0.1
log_db_port: 3306
log_db_id: root
log_db_pw: password
log_db_db: log
log_codepage:
log_login_db: loginlog

Hope this helps

Hi @@elunechen,

Sir what do you mean that it should be in the Right Database?

What I did is I created a Database named Log and i Import & Execute the file logs.sql

and the other is named roherc Database which I Import & Execute the file main.sql

here's a Screenshot Sir.

post-11520-0-82077100-1461470399_thumb.png

i have the same problem, when i used @item, attack a mob, drop item, the server freeze.

I used the latest herc git, 2014 10 20.exe, windows 7 x64 / compiled by VS 2012.

I have the same problem, apparently it is a problem from "picklog", the only solution I have so far is to open the table picklog with navicat and instantly the server is unfreeze.

PS: I do this every time I boot my PC.

Any update :(?. The problem persist, i'm using pre-renewal, windows 10, compiled by VS 2015.

I have the same problem, apparently it is a problem from "picklog", the only solution I have so far is to open the table picklog with navicat and instantly the server is unfreeze.

PS: I do this every time I boot my PC.

Good day to you Guys,

Anyway I am so sorry I still don't have the right solution.. I guess the Log is the main cause of this problem as what @@elunechen state.

For the meantime I abstain from using some of the GM commands.

and by the way I can now use the @item, @monster and some GM commands without having Error/Crash/Freeze issue.. and what I did so far is that I Re-Run/Re-Executed the Scripts and .SQL files..

But still it is so unstable.. I still have problems when I use other GM commands.

I'll get in touch incase I'll find the solution, and hope you do the same.

My best wishes to all of you.  :)

make sure the ragnarok user has access to this database it needs full control of it.

make sure the ragnarok user has access to this database it needs full control of it.

Hi there Sir @@lilcooldude69

May I ask. . what do you mean by your statement that users should have Direct access to the Database?

I believe that my Files are not restricted.

Can you elaborate it more Sir?

Thank you so much Sir.

i mean. when the server connects to the database. unless they are using root access. the username the server uses (i.e. Ragnarok) needs to have full permissions otherwise it will not work correctly

Edited by lilcooldude69

hello guys, i'm new here in herc, but i have the same issue regarding to those you have server freezing. at first i have something issue like that but when i used clean data folder (i mean my own grf), I resolved the issue.,

but then, lately i used items with itemIDs ranging 18000 up to 20000+, something went wrong again, like the server freezes again.and when it does, i need to remove the whole database and create again and it goes back to normal, when i only use items which do not rage to that, it seems ok.,

does my small client something have to do with this issue??  

thanks