savain

Help for creating a private server..

Question

Hello everybody, my name's Michele/savain and i come from italy, i'm here for asking you an help =/

Me and my friend we want to open a private server (just playing alone, nothing open server to all, just only us), but i'm totally ignorant about this way to do a server (mysql,tortoise,ect,), 7-8 years ago i've created (but i don't remeber nothing) a private server in txt.way..

Mhm the actual way to create a server is hard for us, exist a pre-compiled server or full folder of unofficial server?(that we change only IP or configuration, or nothing if is basic RO config)

Please we want to play, but the online server and official servers are full of bad people, custum things and lag =( or people that steal every Boss,ect..

Help us to create a server >-< and sorry for my stupid english

Thanks to all....

10 answers to this question

My friend read the guide and he finds hard / difficult, i think he want to do at least 2-3 steps and not 40...

Thanks anyway for your help.....

My friend read the guide and he finds hard / difficult, i think he want to do at least 2-3 steps and not 40...

Thanks anyway for your help.....

It have many steps because it's in detail, not like "login into mysql and import", that guide expand just that one line into 5-10 steps, telling you how to login to mysql,how to import, etc....

Also, precompiled servers are eA times thing, it have disadvantage, as it won't make your server up to date, rather you would be having months old server...

There is a pre-compiled server in Download section wich is a good starting point: http://herc.ws/board/files/file/25-hercules-win32-for-ragexe-20130703/

Also, that download has this other tutorial, wich is detailed enough to run the precompiled server in a very easy way using windows: http://herc.ws/board/topic/1574-tutorial-preparing-database-ragnarok-for-pre-compiled-hercules/

thanks both for help but my friend it's very fucking lazy person, at the first bug he surrenders and delete all =/

Anyway ragno, if he download the pre-compiled server that you posted, after following the tutorial below (seems complex) but for join? hex? grf? sclientinfo? nothing about that?

The info is all on the wiki but its not very well organised. You have to dig hard to find what you need.

seriously? i've just say, i'm ignorant and my friend is lazy, and you want us to put ourselves to find this things? no thanks man, you've been kind but nope.

I dunno why you're being rude. Part of the process of making a server is discovery and the sense of accomplishment through hard work. Maybe try you luck with one of the other emulators if you want a ready-to-go server.

If you could say where you are stuck, then there are many people to find best solution for you.

If you just need guide, we have already provided guide, which would have been sufficient.

Hex: You just need Nemo: https://github.com/MStr3am/NEMO?files=1

Grf: You need kRO and translation folder(put data folder inside grf)

Translation folder: https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation?files=1

Search GRF Editor in download section and you would get link(so you can put data folder from translation in the grf)

Translation folder contains clientinfo.xml, just edit it and change the ip.

Zeal I was rude? sorry i didn't wanted to be rude, i've only tell the truth for me, and i've thanked you and all for your help.

Thanks Dastgir, but unfortunately my friend was annoyed to create a server, i've tried to convince him that can do, and if have some problems or bugs, he can post here for finding an help/solution but nothing, he surrended and i can't do nothing more..

Sorry for your waste time, and thanks for all, goodbye.