raPalooza~

[Showcase]Custom Guild Flag

Not sure if it's sprite and pallete related but it's an NPC so.... I think I'm posting in the right place XD
I was doing some research on .gr2(3dmobs in ro) files and while learning about importing and exporting files i came up with the idea of changing the old flag that holds the clan emblems.

I've started by 3d modeling based on 2D "flagholder" sprite already in ragnarok. Also used some textures from ragnarok so it doesn't go to far from the game theme.

XbjQiYO.png

Creating this afterwards
QiFEfcv.png

QANVjfC.jpg

So this is only a showcase for now because i want to hear some feedback on design ideas for the flag. The main problem atm is the loading time even with low poly-counts.
But i'll will release it as soon as possible for sure.

Hope you guys like it ;D
cYa

I'll not go in details about on howto because it's a pain in the xxx and it's prety easy to find Orlox guide about 3D conversion for Ragnarok. ;]

very nice?

I think it is better if there are effects of wind blow on the flag?

is it possible to make a wind blow in ragnarok? never seen something like this before, huh 

I don't mind it. Looks pretty good. 

very nice?

I think it is better if there are effects of wind blow on the flag?

is it possible to make a wind blow in ragnarok? never seen something like this before, huh 

Not sure if there are 'wind' effects lol. As in, I don't think it was every even thought of / implemented in the very old clients. However, with the rain effect, you might be able to port in some little 'swirls' that look like wind and just add a .wav background of the wind.

On a side note, you could always make the flag look like the wind is blowing it by softly having the flag part move softly.

So i was trying some options on adding the wind effect to the mesh, but unfortunately i was unable to simulate the animation with bone structures (the conversor uses 3dmax2007 that sucks on simulating gravity and forces)... but its a work in progress i'll keep you guys updated.

but i'm not sure it's going to work, since the official flag has the wind animation already built in but it seems that gravity opted by having it static instead, maybe they disabled the client animation on the flag. Have to test it out.

So i was trying some options on adding the wind effect to the mesh, but unfortunately i was unable to simulate the animation with bone structures (the conversor uses 3dmax2007 that sucks on simulating gravity and forces)... but its a work in progress i'll keep you guys updated.

but i'm not sure it's going to work, since the official flag has the wind animation already built in but it seems that gravity opted by having it static instead, maybe they disabled the client animation on the flag. Have to test it out.

actually, now it's looking pretty good too  :P

Nice work, i'm following this topic :)

It's hard to do animations for gr2 format, in 3dmax looks cool... and slower, but in gr2 viewer looks really fast and bad...

Try to put the animation in the folder "3dmob_bone" like this ... "5_stand.gr2" with the number of the model. Maybe will work, dunno :) !

At least my stand animation is working on my models doing this.

But, you are right, if they disabled the client animation on the flag.... owww the pain.

Edited by zwaken