Question

When I use my ip wan in char.conf and map.conf files, I can connect and log in normally in the game.
But when change these two ip's wan by NO-IP, I get the message "failed to connect to server" before appearing characters.
Does anyone know how I can use NO-IP without being disconnected?
(Google translator, sorry)

14 answers to this question

Did you start the NO-IP aplication at your PC ?

Did you try use the name that you created in yout NO-IP account ?

Did you start the NO-IP aplication at your PC ?

Did you try use the name that you created in yout NO-IP account ?

My NO-IP is working normally used ping from a PC outside of my internal network and it worked, but neither manages to come put the password to login.

You say to use my e-mail account of the no-ip? I have not felt it, but did not work.

Not your e-mail, NO-IP let you use DDNS in your PC, for this, you need login into your NO-IP account creat a name, e.g: myroserver.biz.

After this, enter in NO-IP aplication on your PC, select the host in this example: myroserver.biz, and everyone who try acess myroserver.biz will be redirect yo your PC.

In client side part switch the IP to DDNS name(myroserver.biz) and try to connect.

3 Important things:

1-)Open your router/firewall/Windows ports, make a rule to everybody who try to acess your WAN IP in ragnarok ports be redirect to your PC.

2-)Make sure your internet provider doens't block reverse IP connections, when this is blocked you acess your PC by the Internet IP, in my contry have a company which provider of internet that block this.

3-)You've said 2 IPs ? You have a loadbalancer ?

Not your e-mail, NO-IP let you use DDNS in your PC, for this, you need login into your NO-IP account creat a name, e.g: myroserver.biz.

After this, enter in NO-IP aplication on your PC, select the host in this example: myroserver.biz, and everyone who try acess myroserver.biz will be redirect yo your PC.

In client side part switch the IP to DDNS name(myroserver.biz) and try to connect.

3 Important things:

1-)Open your router/firewall/Windows ports, make a rule to everybody who try to acess your WAN IP in ragnarok ports be redirect to your PC.

2-)Make sure your internet provider doens't block reverse IP connections, when this is blocked you acess your PC by the Internet IP, in my contry have a company which provider of internet that block this.

Regarding the firewall and ports, it's all right, as I said before with my WAN IP inserted in char.conf and map.conf files I can connect normally, only when I use my NO-IP that is not connecting (myroserver.biz) the two ip's that said are the two places that I insert my public IP in char.conf and map.conf files.

The application of NO-IP is properly installed and I am logged in to my account.

My NO-IP is working, I can answer when PING using any PC the internet.

But when I insert my NO-IP (myroserver.biz) in char.conf and map.conf files, I can not connect to my server.

3 Important things:

Regarding the firewall and ports, it's all right, as I said before with my WAN IP inserted in char.conf and map.conf files I can connect normally, only when I use my NO-IP that is not connecting (myroserver.biz) the two ip's that said are the two places that I insert my public IP in char.conf and map.conf files.

The application of NO-IP is properly installed and I am logged in to my account.

But when I insert my NO-IP (myroserver.biz) in char.conf and map.conf files, I can not connect to my server.

Can you try another name ?

Edited by Felipe

3 Important things:

Yes, same problem ...

The strange thing is that the login server it connects, if I mistake the password message appears incorrect password.

But when I enter the correct password it fails to connect to char server.

3 Important things:

Yes, same problem ...

The strange thing is that the login server it connects, if I mistake the password message appears incorrect password.

Mind showing the configuration files (char-server.conf and map-server.conf)

3 Important things:

Yes, same problem ...

Mind showing the configuration files (char-server.conf and map-server.conf)

Are the standard files.

I am using the import folder.

char_conf.txt:

login_ip: 192.168.2.7//my LAN

char_ip: myroserver.biz//my public ip

map_conf.txt:

char_ip: 192.168.2.7//my LAN

map_ip: myroserver.biz//my public ip

char_conf.txt:
login_ip: 127.0.0.1
char_ip: myroserver.biz

map_conf.txt:
char_ip: 127.0.0.1

map_ip: myroserver.biz

Try this

char_conf.txt:

map_conf.txt:

Try this

I've tried without success

I did another test.

char_conf.txt:

char_ip: 200.138.0.202////my public ip wan

map_conf.txt:

map_ip: myroserver.biz//my public ip

In this way the screen appears to select character.

But then, after choosing the character before you see the map, I am disconnected.

char_conf.txt:

map_conf.txt:

Try this

I did another test.

char_conf.txt:

map_conf.txt:

But then, after choosing the character before you see the map, I am disconnected.

It's look like you have a DNS resolution problem, trying to open port 53 UDP(DNS) in your router.

If didn't work try to open port 53 TCP too.

You can make a DMZ to your computer too.

char_conf.txt:

map_conf.txt:

Try this

I did another test.

char_conf.txt:

map_conf.txt:

It's look like you have a DNS resolution problem, trying to open port 53 UDP(DNS) in your router.

If didn't work try to open port 53 TCP too.

You can make a DMZ to your computer too.

I tried this, I did DMZ and not solved the problem.

I do not know if it's DNS, because in clientinfo.xml is my NO-IP and is showing my server to connect.

Why in char_conf, there's ip? But in map_conf, there's no-ip domain?

Shouldn't they be same(considering you are hosting under same machine)

Why in char_conf, there's ip? But in map_conf, there's no-ip domain?

Shouldn't they be same(considering you are hosting under same machine)

In fact they are the same IP's, but map_conf is with the NO-IP domain to test.

Should succeed in this configuration because they are the same IP's.

NO-IP translates my IP WAN to NO-IP domain.

It's all hosted on the same machine.

Should work out with both my IP WAN map_conf and char_conf, as my NO-IP map_conf and char_conf.

But ... when I insert the NO-IP domain, it does not work.

only works with IP WAN ....

I need the NO-IP domain because my IP WAN is not fixed.

Imagine I have to change my IP in all the time he files that change ...