Sign in to follow this  
ZelosAvalon

Event Ranking

Question

Hi guys, this is my SQL table, and i want to make an ranking for it, but idk what to do, can anyone help me with this ?

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `event_rank` (
  `id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `name` VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `event_points` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `t_event_points` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

i want a ranking like this:

name (character) already earn X events points

ranking is by character not account!

I would appreciate some help! ty all

May The Force Be With You

12 answers to this question

do you use a test server? as far I know, your sql DB the `id` field is not the table `id`, is the `character_id` from the player, anyway, should be a `primary_key` to avoid duplicates, but as far I see in the script, you have `ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE`, so this is better if you use `primary_key`, if you don't have one this gives error so, if that worked before change anything, I think you already had a `primary_key` defined (which was not represented in the sql schematic, that's why Shatotech told you to do that).

I recommend you to do the `id` auto_increment primary key, and have a `char_id`, `event_points` and `total_event_points`, don't duplicate data as `name` that you can get by a sql query, but you can have a `name` column too. Of course this require other script modification so I don't recommend if you don't want to change.

Anyway, I saw here that you had the primary key already.

So, ignore everything before (your scripts are perfect, but read the post). Change my sql and replace by:

SELECT `name`, `t_event_points` FROM `event_rank` ORDER BY `t_event_points` DESC LIMIT 10;

PS: You should use a test server first.

tyvm working now, i reference you in script http://upaste.me/6d2234037a1ae42c9

Do you want a NPC to search in that table the TOP 10 and show them sorted desc? And what is the difference between even_points and t_even_points?

Do you want a NPC to search in that table the TOP 10 and show them sorted desc? And what is the difference between even_points and t_even_points?

t_event_point is just for count = total points already earned

event_point you can spend for buy event items

like this:

you already earned t_event_points, but you have event_points to spend

So 'alias' total_event_points... anyway this must be in request forum.

As far I understand you, you want just a NPC that list the TOP10 (or whatever) users who has the higher t_event_points value, right?

So 'alias' total_event_points... anyway this must be in request forum.

As far I understand you, you want just a NPC that list the TOP10 (or whatever) users who has the higher t_event_points value, right?

yes I would like a ranking that show the top 10 where the points will be calculated by t_event_points,

==============================================================================

[ANOTHER TOPIC]

if possible I would like the players could change the page and see the other players in the ranking.

for example:

Top 1-10 Ranking

1 - Name1 - 2000 Pts

2 - Name2 - 1890 Pts

3 - Name3 - 1712 Pts

4 - Name4 - 1680 Pts

5 - Name5 - 1578 Pts

6 - Name6 - 1572 Pts

7 - Name7 - 1300 Pts

8 - Name8 - 1256 Pts

9 - Name9 - 1210 Pts

10 - Name10 - 1000 Pts

Next>

in the next area appear the next 10 of top ranked, rank 11 to 20

Top 11-20 Ranking

11 - Name1 - 956 Pts

[...]

20 - Name20 - 400 pts

Next>

in the next area appear rank 21 to 30 and so on...

this would be repeated until no more people in the ranking

It's possible, I will help you as soon as possible, but anyway, I recommend you to puy just top10 and in your website show the whole rank.

You had a total of X points, you can use Y points.

- Menu:
[show rank]
[Exit]

- Show rank
[TOP 10]

Edited by rokimoki

If you have PVP Rankings, just follow the script and change the variables and tables there.

That's right.

// ------------------------------------------------
// Event points ranking [SQL Version] v1.0
// Developed by Rokimoki for ZelosAvalon.ç
// URL: http://herc.ws/board/topic/13501-event-ranking/
prontera,165,168,3    script    EventPoint Rank#EventPoint::EventPointR    2_BULLETIN_BOARD,{
    mes "[^FF0000Event Points Rank^000000]";
    cleararray .@players$[0], "", 10; // defining 10 positions
    cleararray .@event_point[0], 0, 10;
    query_sql("SELECT `name`, `t_event_points` FROM `event_rank` DESC LIMIT 10;", .@players$, .@event_point);
    for (.@i = 0; .@i < 10; .@i++) {
        if (strcmp(.@players$[.@i], "") == 0) break; // if some is empty, stop printing
        mes (.@i + 1) + ".- ^0000FF" + .@players$[.@i] + "^000000 - ^FF0000" + .@event_point[.@i] + "^000000 Pts.";
    }
close;
} // End Script
Edited by rokimoki

: DB error - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 10' at line 1
[Debug]: at c:\users\conrado\desktop\projeto\ragnarok offline emulator\hercules-master\src\map\script.c:16299 - SELECT `name`, `t_event_points` FROM `event_rank` DESC LIMIT 10;

: DB error - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 10' at line 1

[Debug]: at c:\users\conrado\desktop\projeto\ragnarok offline emulator\hercules-master\src\map\script.c:16299 - SELECT `name`, `t_event_points` FROM `event_rank` DESC LIMIT 10;

`event_rank` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM;

that should be solve your problem.

`event_rank` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM;

that should be solve your problem.

now all NPCs who used the event table rank stopped working LOL

my npcs:

Event_Helper

Event_Invasion

do you use a test server? as far I know, your sql DB the `id` field is not the table `id`, is the `character_id` from the player, anyway, should be a `primary_key` to avoid duplicates, but as far I see in the script, you have `ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE`, so this is better if you use `primary_key`, if you don't have one this gives error so, if that worked before change anything, I think you already had a `primary_key` defined (which was not represented in the sql schematic, that's why Shatotech told you to do that).

I recommend you to do the `id` auto_increment primary key, and have a `char_id`, `event_points` and `total_event_points`, don't duplicate data as `name` that you can get by a sql query, but you can have a `name` column too. Of course this require other script modification so I don't recommend if you don't want to change.

Anyway, I saw here that you had the primary key already.

So, ignore everything before (your scripts are perfect, but read the post). Change my sql and replace by:

SELECT `name`, `t_event_points` FROM `event_rank` ORDER BY `t_event_points` DESC LIMIT 10;

PS: You should use a test server first.

Edited by rokimoki