bWolfie

Correct Method to close live server

Question

8 answers to this question

kick all player down, then closed server.

Which servers to close first? I tried closign map-server first and waiting 10 minutes, but some players are still losing items.

kick all player down, then closed server.

Which servers to close first? I tried closign map-server first and waiting 10 minutes, but some players are still losing items.
Use @kickall

Kicking all would mean force saving the characters, I usually give broadcast in server from 1 hour before. So that's clear indication for not doing anything important.

(Also don't believe what the others say), kickall should save all things almost instantly, so closing all of them after few seconds of kicking would mean the same as closing map server and waiting...

Pretty much what Dastgir mentioned. You would typically @kickall, let things save, then close the servers. Once you kick everyone off, you're pretty much safe... if you just close the map server without kicking anyone, well then you're not safe lol. So typically, kick everyone, wait a few seconds and close the servers. I normally just closed them one by one starting with login --> char --> map... but that's because that was just me xD