ρixєℓ

A strange problem

Question

I have a very critical problem and I have already asked for help from everyone I know who understands ragnarok and nobody can help me, the deal is as follows, I can log normal in the emulator, however when I use @go, @item and @ Warp the char simply hangs, it does not show any error in the emulator, however the char stands still and I can not move.

What I've done to try to solve:

- I tried to use other emulators (Everyone gives the same error).

- I deleted it and created the database again.

- I formatted the machine several times (I've already used win 7 and 10 of 32 bits).

- I tried to recompile the emulator with VS 2012, 2010 and 2015.

- Updated Drivers.

- Directx updated.

- Sometimes the error occurs on any private server as well.

- Ragnarok updated.

I use xampp.

NOTE: When I format the computer I can move at least 1 day without the problem occurring, then the problem starts again.

I believe that it is a problem with the notebook because in my pc gamer that I sold I never had any problems with the emulator, however I need a solution.

I will be very grateful if you can help me.

Edited by ρixєℓ

5 answers to this question

I have a very critical problem and I have already asked for help from everyone I know who understands ragnarok and nobody can help me, the deal is as follows, I can log normal in the emulator, however when I use @go, @item and @ Warp the char simply hangs, it does not show any error in the emulator, however the char stands still and I can not move.

- I formatted the machine several times (I've already used win 7 and 10 of 32 bits).

- Updated Drivers.

- Directx updated.

- Ragnarok updated.

I use xampp.

NOTE: When I format the computer I can move at least 1 day without the problem occurring, then the problem starts again.

I believe that it is a problem with the notebook because in my pc gamer that I sold I never had any problems with the emulator, however I need a solution.

Can you move?

Any other commands that cause hang?

The client hang? Or the machine? Or just the character?

What happens if you let it hang for some time?(does it start to work again? Or it shows "not responding" error?)

Have you tried downloading fresh kRO? If yes, have you tried downloading kRO from other websites?(not only 1 site, sometimes a site can provide faulty grf)

Does it happen on specific map? Or on all maps?

Which client version are you using?

Have configured the packetver properly?

Have tried to capture packet? To see if there's some abnormal packet?

Best way would be , just use kRO data.grf and just your clientinfo.xml, that way, you can be assured of having no custom file interfering...

Also have you tried changing resolution/graphics settings from setup.exe?

There can be many things to try and figure... Its purely trial and error method to know solution of this problem

- No

- Only the character

- I've waited too long, nothing happens

- Yes, I've tested other gr

- This happens on any map

- I've already tested these:

2010-07-30

2012-04-10

2014-10-22b

And all give the same problem.

- I did.

- There is no abnormal package.

- I already tested this way and already configured the setup correctly but the error persists.

@edit

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention, even in localhost phpmyadmin is quite slow, which was not supposed to happen .. I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem.

I did this:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2148131/xampp-wamp-whatever-it-is-apache-is-running-super-slow

The phpmyadmin was fast so I opened the server and logged on, I was able to use the commands and play items on the floor normally, but when I rebooted the machine returned the problem and phpmyadmin slowed again, so I think the problem is there but I do not know The cause of phpmyadmin is slow since it is in localhost.

NOTE: I already changed the current xamp through Wamp and the same problem occurred.

@edit2

I uninstalled the xampp I used (5.6.23) and installed it to 5.6.24.1 and somehow the problem was solved, I believe it must have been some problem in this version, the strangest is that when I installed Wamp the same error occurred, Anyway the problem has been solved, thank you all.

Edited by ρixєℓ

- Updated Drivers.

- Directx updated.

- Ragnarok updated.

I use xampp.

Can you move?

Any other commands that cause hang?

The client hang? Or the machine? Or just the character?

What happens if you let it hang for some time?(does it start to work again? Or it shows "not responding" error?)

Have you tried downloading fresh kRO? If yes, have you tried downloading kRO from other websites?(not only 1 site, sometimes a site can provide faulty grf)

Does it happen on specific map? Or on all maps?

Which client version are you using?

Have configured the packetver properly?

Have tried to capture packet? To see if there's some abnormal packet?

Best way would be , just use kRO data.grf and just your clientinfo.xml, that way, you can be assured of having no custom file interfering...

Also have you tried changing resolution/graphics settings from setup.exe?

There can be many things to try and figure... Its purely trial and error method to know solution of this problem

I experienced the same 2 days ago. I fixed mine by setting the md5 to false. I don't know why is that happening, strange.

That's weird. Your passwords might not be in md5, and you might not be able to login. The only problem I see....

About topic owner problem, slowed mysql can cause this, because everything saves in mysql and mysql hanging could result in freezing the client.

I experienced the same 2 days ago. I fixed mine by setting the md5 to false. I don't know why is that happening, strange.

That's weird. Your passwords might not be in md5, and you might not be able to login. The only problem I see....

About topic owner problem, slowed mysql can cause this, because everything saves in mysql and mysql hanging could result in freezing the client.

My password is set to md5. Idk whats happening either. Anyway its already solved. :)