bWolfie

Vultr - anybody tried their hosting?

Been with them for a few months now. Had around 7 instances of host failure and losing the server for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

I'm wondering how this compares to others?

There's also this weird thing in which the server takes like 7 attempts to connect the char to login server.

...and this other thing which probably spawns from it, in which certain uses of the disable/enablenpc can crash the map server.

So, yeah. Wondering if anybody else has been with vultr, and if so, are you still there? If not, where did you go after?

hello, did you already try linode or digitalocean?

Our game server is on vultr, while our web server is on digital ocean. Personally, DO have been really good for that. We're hesitant to try them for the live server cause of reviews saying how much better vultr is lol...

How about linode?

How many players do you have?

linode have more ram than DO..

We are only small to moderate. At most, peak player count (excl. vendors) would be 150 (240-250 incl. vendor).

I'm on DO for about 1 month. So far no downtime. except when pldt(isp in my country) can't connect to my server but other isp can. So it must be pldt issue.

before DO I'm on ramnode / versaweb

Linode/DO don't have ddos protection(neither did vultr had)

vultr has basic 1gb ddos for $10/m I think. But their stability is atrocious. It's why I'm asking here to see what others think. :D

You could try OVH or DO, they are good...

If your target is asia. Is it good to  use OVH? my ping to ovh is about 240ms. But lot of people using OVH for their server.

You could try OVH or DO, they are good...

If your target is asia. Is it good to  use OVH? my ping to ovh is about 240ms. But lot of people using OVH for their server.

Servers which target Asia too use ovh, maybe because of their ddos protection.

sadly ovh and so youstart only have NA which is Beauharnois Canada (im from asia and it gives me 270 ping compared to vancouver with 217)

my ping on vancouver is the same as los angeles ping. gonna take it if they have one lol

sadly ovh and so youstart only have NA which is Beauharnois Canada (im from asia and it gives me 270 ping compared to vancouver with 217)

my ping on vancouver is the same as los angeles ping. gonna take it if they have one lol

from what country? I'm from PH and ovh / sys is 220ms here. if you want low ping with ddos protection. pick los angeles.

from what country? I'm from PH and ovh / sys is 220ms here. if you want low ping with ddos protection. pick los angeles.

im from ph and using pldt also but i got 270 on ovh and 207 on LA... i tried looking at digital ocean but i cant seem find the right product can you guide me?

im from ph and using pldt also but i got 270 on ovh and 207 on LA... i tried looking at digital ocean but i cant seem find the right product can you guide me?
DO: you need to create droplet

What do you mean by I can't seem find the right product? just choose the standard droplet.

DO: you need to create droplet

Thanks

What do you mean by I can't seem find the right product? just choose the standard droplet.

Thanks man but sadly they don't have ddos protection

do you already have a server running? if you want ddos protection , try buyvm.net

may i ask a question?

which product do you prefer on buyvm.net? and

what's the difference between dedicated kvm slices and KVM VPS?

because

dedicated kvm slices specs are better than kvm vps

but kvm vps is more expensive than kvm slices

Edited by xlaws27

do you already have a server running? if you want ddos protection , try buyvm.net

may i ask a question?

which product do you prefer on buyvm.net? and

what's the difference between dedicated kvm slices and KVM VPS?

because

dedicated kvm slices specs are better than kvm vps

but kvm vps is more expensive than kvm slices

They said their kvm slice is dedicated resouces. for more info, its much better to ask the provider than me. and their dedicated slice is newer than kvm vps