Sign in to follow this  
Mushroom

Rodrum: Server thoughts / Stuff done / Plans

Hey mates,

I’m just curious about pretty old ideas and partly implemented stuff for the server. What do you think of it?

I’m not searching for funding or development assistance. Just opinion.

So let’s start from general overview of 2 ideas therefore I can understand if it even worth.

Idea #1:

Fast leveling and high rates are boring, low rates and tones of grinding leveling is boring as well.

Main concept is in quest chains (main lore and side quests as well). Starting from the very game start.

Therefore even with x1 rates you can level up to your lamp without much timewaste and drinding.

Idea #2:

PvE and PvP.

Frankly – Ragnarok is PvE boring and pour game. PvP isn’t much funnier but character mechanics and overall gameplay fix it.

Extend PvE system would be represented by adding additional dungeons (for small parties) and raids (for much bigger parties).

Skill mechanics reworked according to dungeons and raid requirements.

Example: Added agro system that locks monster on the top agro generating player.  

PvP system is reworked similarly. With some additions in PvP ladders.

(Pre-re mechanics)

1. Quests suck and are a bad excuse to give meaning and importance to an aspect of the game which has none.

2. Speak for yourself in PvM, there are people who have fixed it. PvP in ragnarok is the one redeeming quality in vanilla.

Edited by Blinzer