Sign in to follow this  
Ragno

Four Suggestions to Channel System

The channelmes() command is an awesome command to create and improve announcement systems, and there are two needs that can't be completed in the actual state.

Suggestion 1. Please allow the usage of password on default channels.

Rationale: Create channels for administrative purposes available only to gms and admins.

Right now, I'm creating the channel "#system" with a password through a npc on the server start to send messages visible only to gms, that will send administrative messages of things happening while the server is running, and I would like to avoid the ussage of a npc for this.

Suggestion 2. Please create a new permision to only read messages in channels.

Rationale: Have a channel to send server's announcements to everybody, but players will not be able to send messages through that channel, only to read those announcements or leave channel if they want. Only those with hchsys_admin permission would be able to send messages to this channel.

Right now I haven't a way to do this :(

Suggestion 3. Please create a mapflag to deactivate specific channels on maps and/or zones.

Rationale: Disable channels such as "#party" (custom one) in dungeons and fields and leave them only to towns. Actually there is the mapflag nomapchannelautojoin but this is only for #map autologin (I guess).

Suggestion 4. Please add a command to ignore specific player's chat from channel without ban him from channel and without leaving the channel (if possible). Thanks to Dairel, a player from our server who suggested this originaly on our boards.

Rationale: There is some times when player just don't want to read specific messages because may consider it spam, or just don't need to read it.

Hope this suggestions could be implemented :)

Edited by Ragno