Sign in to follow this  
Blinzer

sitting regen nerf(200% --> 150%)

Question

i know it's in here somewhere, but i just can't find it

8QLZkJC.png

UHPiYcJ.png

i've tried changing at least 7 different things(including in other places in status.c) and not a single one affected the double sitting regen

Edited by Blinzer

2 answers to this question

Sitting doesn't increase the amount recovered, it speeds up the ticks.

Go to line 12729 of status.c (going by stock Hercules) and change that bonus++; to bonus += (int)(0.5f);

This will reduce the tick by x1.5 instead of x2 but due to rounding up, the ticks will happen every 5 seconds and not 4.5, which is just 1 seconds faster than the default 6 sec interval when not sitting in case of HP recovery. The blocks above with RGN_SHP/RGN_SSP deal with regeneration that's boosted by passive skills (MG_SRECOVERY, SM_RECOVERY, etc) and would need to be modified in a similar way, which can be done by halving the val.

Edited by Anisotropic Defixation

unfortunately what you gave me didn't work, likely due to the tick rate on my server already being 0.5 seconds instead of the standard. but i was able to eventually come up with a "solution" because of it, by moving the sitting bonus thing you pointed out to me into the "do" loop that was right below, to get it to change the val instead of modifying bonus. however, i don't know what a do loop is so i don't know if what i've done is going to cause a big stress on the server(if it runs through that 100 times a second or whatever) or if it's just inefficient code, so i'd like to see if you have a more intelligent solution

gFGG0i1.png

and yes, i can see that i need to clean up some stuff relating to bonus in the tick rate formula and in what i pasted, i was hasty to take this screenshot and post it

Edited by Blinzer