Sign in to follow this  
Mystery

Templates : Issues & Pull Request

Hey everyone,

We recently implemented Issue & Pull Request templates. You can find them here:

Basically, when users are creating Issues or Pull Requests, they will see this form. This helps Hercules' Developers & Contributors by having the right details at the start of a thread. It ensures issues get resolved quickly and time isn't wasted. These templates are a step forward to help lessen issues or pull requests that do not meet requirements. Failure to follow these templates will result in an automatic closure of the issue or pull request. 

It is important for users to follow these templates and fill them out when creating issues and / or pull requests. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 6.36.09 PM.png

Yesterday I submit a new issue with new template and it felt like were too much fields to fill for what I was reporting.

"Description" and "Current Behaviour" it's like almost the same.

Branch could be assumed to be "master" since other branches are more specific and those may be exceptions to it.

Also an issue related to databases or npcs maybe could not require git hash/revision and leave it as optional, since it is more needed in src issues.

I like new templates, but maybe could be a little more flexible when posting issues. If you let me suggest, please bring a field to propose the "kind" of issue (if its related to core, to npcs, to documentation, to database, etc), I think it would help to categorize the issue.

Taking into account the care-free nature of most "users" of any RO application, I personally would prefer they mention as much detail as possible. Most definitely the git revision in every report for the slightest of issues.

The raw file will give you a clearer description of the fields in comments while posting PRs or Issues. That said, it may not be as convenient for users as much as it is for the regular reviewers of issues/PRs.