Sign in to follow this  
daisyanne

Mobs ids past 3998

Question

hello i edit my scr to allow up to 10000, i know that some of the id are reserved but looking in the npcidentity i see that the 7000 range is not used by anything. I tried to put custom monster in that section but ingame they look like porings. I read it was possible to go higher than 3998 as long as you edit the src but am i missing anything else ? And yes i know where the files go in sprite folder i have custom below 3998 and they work fine.

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

But there is no any ready diff for mob id range (only headgear) so you need to hex your client manually and seek for the mob sprite id range.

Hex the client without a diff patcher is a hard work to do, but not impossible.

Trying to change ID ranges in the client will likely break things. If you increase the monster ID range above 3998 itl overlap with the 2nd range for jobs which start at 4000 and at this time reaches up to 4238. Things like NPC's, skill units, jobs, monsters, and homunculus all use the same ID list which is all for entities. Some types use multiple ranges. Like NPC's use 3 different ranges while playable jobs uses 2. Monsters currently use one range but is getting really close to officially receiving a 2nd one since they just about used all their ID's up. Both the server and client are aware of these ranges and overlapping can and will likely break things. Best thing to do is wait for a future client that defines a 2nd ranges for monsters or just remove some existing monsters in the upper ID's.