Sign in to follow this  
jowy

[RFC] Multi Server Setup With Centralized Database

Recently I have been experimenting with multi server setup with centralized database. Here my current setup

Asia Server (Map, Login, Char)

US Server (Map, Login, Char, DB)

This is not proxy setup, asia server will not forward packet to us server but it only do database things. As a result a game play lil bit faster when I access from asia server (im from asia) but in certain aspect like login, char creation is lil bit slow but still acceptable since it it have to do database operation. In general it works fine but Im not tested with concurrency user.

Is anyone ever use this setup? can give some review or drawbacks by using this setup?

thanks!

Edited by jowy

Recently I have been experimenting with multi server setup with centralized database. Here my current setup

Asia Server (Map, Login, Char)

US Server (Map, Login, Char, DB)

This is not proxy setup, asia server will not forward packet to us server but it only do database things. As a result a game play lil bit faster when I access from asia server (im from asia) but in certain aspect like login, char creation is lil bit slow but still acceptable since it it have to do database operation. In general it works fine but Im not tested with concurrency user.

Is anyone ever use this setup? can give some review or drawbacks by using this setup?

thanks!

I was curious how do you set-up? multi server set up? can have i have some tips or guides?

Thank you =) i'm planning to set up US and Asia something like that.

It is quite simple, its common architecture that used in web application. just seperate processing (Login, Char, Map) and state (Database). I have attached diagram in order to help you understand.

Also US and Asia server must have *IDENTICAL* server binary and script otherwise you will see inconsistency between two server. i still need test about concurency

after bit testing at this current state is impossible to archive this kind of architecture since it not designed like that. Also it is impossible to centralize map server. The only way is archived it through proxy. But i will explore more and try to learn how the server works

post-15359-0-17475100-1490281285_thumb.png

Edited by jowy

I tested this long time ago. Even i do separate woe maps and normal map to archive best performance. Unfortunetly multi map server is NO NO for *athena based sever. I tried with Freya, eathena, rathena and herc. The best is Freya. But there lots of risk such as duplicate item, announcement and etc.. unless u use aegis.

Edited by daim