Sign in to follow this  
loki

Hat Preview in item description & Description link mouse over

Question

I'll not say the server's name (not sure if I can), but there's a server that has some really cool features built into it and I have never seen before (images below). My hope here is that someone can help me understand how it was done so I can learn and and try to do the same. Even post it here if the result was good enough.

I have pretty good knowledge of programming but honestly have no idea how it was done. I guess its more of a client thing, but don't where to event start. Can someone please help me, point me do the right directions?

Here's what i'm talking:

Description link mouse over

1.png

Hat Preview in item description

2.png3.png

8 answers to this question

the first one I don't know the date but for the item preview it got added in 2016-10-26 in kRO (not sure if in sakray or main or both).

Edit: no Hercules does not support clients > 2015 yet.

Recently there was a commit that added support for map server auth packet for clients >= 20160330, however we still miss many features in the 2015 clients, hopefully getting them soon and start supporting newer client versions.

main reason they're not added is the missing support for rodex and achievements, because we won't add official client support for packetvers with incomplete features.

New clients not added because need some testing.

Packets exists for almost all clients, but actual clients what can even run after patching not too many.