tedexx

Player walking when interacting with NPC or Skill

Question

I'm having an interaction bug that is not default of RO and pretty annoying. It would be impossible to run a production server with that. I think its a core problem with Herc.

- When clicking a NPC that have no mes() function, the npc click event is triggered but the player also walks to the mouse position.

- When using skill (only one click): The skill is evoked but the player also walks to the mouse position

How can this be fixed?

NPC interaction demo (GIF):

giphy.gif

NPC code: (npctalk2 is only a example, it could be anything besides mes() and it would still happen)

prt_fild01,280,144,5	script	empty_npc	4W_SAILOR,{
	npctalk2("why are you walking when clicking me?");
	end;
}

Skill interaction demo (GIF):

giphy.gif

Edited by tedexx

10 answers to this question

Can confirm, this happens in skills with no delay (arrow shower for example), and with npc's that not have any mes. 

But, when you walk to a npc and touch a trigger zone and the npc reacts, it stops you even when it dont have a mes.

prt_fild01,280,144,5    script    empty_npc    4W_SAILOR,{
    end;
}

should be

prt_fild01,280,144,5    script    empty_npc    4W_SAILOR,2,2,{

end;

OnTouch:
    end;
}

Using OnTouch will trigger if you walk pass to the NPC. should put "end" under the headger if u don't like the npc to be clicked because it will trigger the npctalk2.

I have no idea about the skills i was searching also about the problem, most of the skill have this kind of behaviour and it requires client modification to removed this kind of behaviour.

Edited by Eternity

end;

}

should be

end;

OnTouch:

end;

}

Using OnTouch will trigger if you walk pass to the NPC. should put "end" under the headger if u don't like the npc to be clicked because it will trigger the npctalk2.

I have no idea about the skills i was searching also about the problem, most of the skill have this kind of behaviour and it requires client modification to removed this kind of behaviour.

Hi Eternity

I dont know why you put that in that way, because that script was about showing the error, it dont need to have a trigger zone, so no OnTouch behavior.

Tedexx put that basic script to show in a quick and easy way what is happening, because that is NOT the expected behavior (believe me, i made a lot of scripts that dont invoke a mes window and walking towards the npc is not supposed to happen, and never happened before).

The skills with no cast is also a bug and doesn't need client modification, because is not client related (that would be a visual position bug), and give a lot of problems when you are killing monsters or in PvP.

end;

}

should be

end;

OnTouch:

end;

}

end;

}

should be

end;

OnTouch:

end;

}

Hi Eternity

I dont know why you put that in that way, because that script was about showing the error, it dont need to have a trigger zone, so no OnTouch behavior.

Tedexx put that basic script to show in a quick and easy way what is happening, because that is NOT the expected behavior (believe me, i made a lot of scripts that dont invoke a mes window and walking towards the npc is not supposed to happen, and never happened before).

The skills with no cast is also a bug and doesn't need client modification, because is not client related (that would be a visual position bug), and give a lot of problems when you are killing monsters or in PvP.

Arduino is right, it was just a example and the npctalk2 was to illustrate the interaction in the gif I posted. Like I wrote in the comment above, it happens with every function (heal(), dispbottom(), etc..), not just npctalk(2).