rans

Herc or Idathena?

Hello there,
So I don't want to start any drama. just wanted to ask what is the different of idathena to herc? how is it different to rAthena? sorry if i'm asking it here. I can't seem to find idathena forum and i'm a herc user so I wonder if i can ask it here.
when it comes to renewal what is good?
thanks!

Please move/remove my topic if its not allowed.

Doesnt matter whats good or bad, by this time you should already know the answer

Herc = active support

Idathena = somewhere in a far, far away galaxy

Doesnt matter whats good or bad, by this time you should already know the answer

Herc = active support

Idathena = somewhere in a far, far away galaxy

hello, thank you for taking the time to reply.

well yeah when it comes to support its hard for them cause i cant even search the forum, i've seen their git. and they have instances that rathena doesnt have or rathena hasnt finished it yet. so i was thinking maybe idathena is much better than rathena when it comes on renewal. i mean idathena has much focus on renewal than rathena? 

IdAthena is an Indonesian localisation of the emulator if I'm not mistaken? Hercules has HULD that supports localisation of scripts, the benefit of which outweighs using any other localised emulator. Because your users will be able to understand your server in their own language, if you support it. Hercules makes this possible.

This among other several reasons why it is far more superior to rA or any other (and I don't mean to put them down but the code speaks for itself).

Idathena stopped developed some years ago no?

Because git what i have was last updated in april 2015. This mean it already dead for two years.

Idathena stopped developed some years ago no?

Because git what i have was last updated in april 2015. This mean it already dead for two years.

Actually i also thought that. but i've found a pull request on rathena saying merge from idathena to rathena instance script. so i've search it and all i found was git. no forum.

exdV5AJ.png

Well, that's the risks of going with something Hipster,

instead of going with one of big players...

Never know it still going to be supported 6 months from now, and whether you will be able to get support when needed.

Edited by Habilis

Hi, thank you for asking, idA is "still" alive but slowly,

for the performance course Herc or rA is much better than idA ;)

Edited by exneval