Skyline

A friendly reminder to server owners

Greetings everyone!

I just want to tell you guys a friendly reminder. But before that let me give you a background of things:

I am a server owner just like most of you guys, been this way for 3 years now. On my 3rd year of being an admin, I decided to give it all I've got for my community because they deserved the best.

I spent at least $1300 in exclusive custom made items/stuff/monsters and the biggest main town ever with a Colosseum. It was probably one of the greatest maps @Olrox ever made. @Daifuku's logo on our main town stands to be the best there is and we are all proud of it. @Haziel's custom items made us stand out and made us feel unique.

But see, all of these client side things needs to be protected by encryption, right? I knew that before even trying to get these things into order. It is beyond frustrating seeing all your stuff gets stolen by other servers even with encrypted stuff.

Goes to show that GRF Encryption is no longer secure. Now before you say I don't know how to encrypt, trust me, I know.

This is why I wanted to remind you guys, that if you decide to get services for client-side stuff? Before you throw in $$$, always remember this risk.

This risk of getting your shit stolen. Because it sucks.

Trust me you don't want to get into the same position as I am. So as long as there isn't an awesome way to secure, hold your $$$. But if you know the risk and still want to push forward? Get the services of the people below because they are the best.

Good luck out there!

Special thanks to the people who made our stuff, @Daifuku, @Haziel, @Olrox, @Hyvraine

This ends my reminder/rant.

And for the server who got our stuff, hi BrillianceRO, Andy Chandra

Well, this is sad. But, this is the part of life, there will allways be less than honest people.

And, no matter how well you encrypt, there will be someone crafty enough to steal it.

Although, I would love to see how would some one steal a graphical enchancment with your server name on it :)

Well, this is sad. But, this is the part of life, there will allways be less than honest people.

And, no matter how well you encrypt, there will be someone crafty enough to steal it.

Although, I would love to see how would some one steal a graphical enchancment with your server name on it :)

Well he was crafty enough to replace the logo on our main town with a random statue. Lmao

Who will play on their server?
Again and again, every week someone open the server with default fluxcp theme, hercules/rAthena with public stuff and after they got 10 online -> server dead.

Look at this topics: http://herc.ws/board/forum/50-server-advertisement/

I understand why you care, but trust me, no one will saw that they steal your stuff, because this server - public sh*t, and its true.

If you make good server players will play it, if you make server like BrillianceRO it will be dead after 1 month.

And after it die ONLY 10% of admins will think what they do wrong, but 90% will continue steal stuff and trying to open their sh*t again.

One way to fix this problem: blacklist, don't give pay/free support for this admins, don't sell/give them src/npc and other stuff.

Edited by Kubix