thanna

Unmanned Hosting on DO

Question

Good Day Everyone,

I'm planning to get a hosting service at DO but I got this question on the back of my mind. If I applied for a VPS should I get a webhost on them too or I will use the VPS as my webhost also. My point is I don't want to much stress on my VPS. I hope someone can enlighten me.

Thank you.

More power Herc.ws

Edited by thanna

11 answers to this question

You can buy a vps on DO then a shared hosting in any hosting company you want. Allow your shared hosting IP in your mysql server in vps and also allow remote access in your mysql server.

Good Day Everyone,

I'm planning to get a hosting service at DO but I got this question on the back of my mind. If I applied for a VPS should I get a webhost on them too or I will use the VPS as my webhost also. My point is I don't want to much stress on my VPS. I hope someone can enlighten me.

Thank you.

More power Herc.ws

I suggest always separate your website and server. Its not recommended to run them on the same machine unless  you are running on a dedicated server

Edited by Vy Low

You can buy a vps on DO then a shared hosting in any hosting company you want. Allow your shared hosting IP in your mysql server in vps and also allow remote access in your mysql server.

Good Day Everyone,

Thank you.

More power Herc.ws

I suggest always separate your website and server. Its not recommended to run them on the same machine unless  you are running on a dedicated server

1 more thing mates, for example I bought 1 VPS on DO and decide to make a webhost also on DO because I want DO to handle my server and my webhost. Is that possible? I'll make the other VPS to be my webhost. 

Edited by thanna

Good Day Everyone,

Thank you.

More power Herc.ws

1 more thing mates, for example I bought 1 VPS on DO and decide to make a webhost also on DO because I want DO to handle my server and my webhost. Is that possible? I'll make the other VPS to be my webhost. 

Yes, you need to purchase another vps to run your website

Good Day Everyone,

Thank you.

More power Herc.ws

Yes. 1 vps for game server and 1 vps for web server. But, my suggestion is to get a shared hosting with cpanel + 1 vps game server. 

Shared hosting often does not support connections to outgoing ports(required to check status of server), also, having vps for web server means you have full authority to customise as you want and you would be fully responsible for security related things, be sure to have tight security as well.

2 servers. one for web, one for game.

game server should only run game related stuff.

everything else can go on the web server.

Shared hosting often does not support connections to outgoing ports(required to check status of server), also, having vps for web server means you have full authority to customise as you want and you would be fully responsible for security related things, be sure to have tight security as well.

Hello Sir just wanna ask, does DO have a anti ddos protection or I am the one responsible for that? I think its very expensive if I am not going for the shared hosting. But I prefer my own unmanage VPS.

Hello Sir just wanna ask, does DO have a anti ddos protection or I am the one responsible for that? I think its very expensive if I am not going for the shared hosting. But I prefer my own unmanage VPS.

They dont have any ddos, and when you got ddos your service will be suspended