Like it~*

Require a certain amount of reputation, posts and time registered to perform Downloads.

Requirements

• X - amount of reputation.
  • Y - amount of posts.
  • Z - amount of registered.

Objective: Increase number of: collaborators, help, people active, content, etc. And decrease the number of: preachers, profiteers, etc.

Look at some numbers.

• 78816 Total Posts
  • 10072 Total Members
  • 6341 Most Online
95 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

2 members, 92 guests, 1 anonymous users   (See full list)

Members Online Today: 144  [Expand]

Require a certain amount of reputation, posts and time registered to perform Downloads.

Yes, you did not read wrong, I'm suggesting it. "But why?", "Are you crazy?" Well, the reason is simple. We have a large number of users, a lot of active and great collaborators. However, I see few collaborators, for many people who only receive the contributions. They do not want to help with anything, they do not want to collaborate, they do not want to give support, they do not want to bring content, in short, they want nothing more than to enjoy the work of others. I see there are many ways to help in some way and this is almost always ignored. The Hercules emulator is very big, but it did not reach this stage with this type of people, but with those who work hard, but with all this success, unfortunately this was completed with many lazy and that is something not good for the community, We do not need people like that.
Edited by Like it~*

This will just encourage people making spam posts to increase their post count, and encourage creating other accounts to increase reputation. It makes everything cumbersome for everyone. You cannot and should not force people to contribute. You'll just end up driving away possible contributors to other projects (ie rAthena). Most people nowadays prefer to try first, then if they like it they come back and contribute. If people feel forced they just bail.

This will just encourage people making spam posts to increase their post count, and encourage creating other accounts to increase reputation. It makes everything cumbersome for everyone. You cannot and should not force people to contribute. You'll just end up driving away possible contributors to other projects (ie rAthena). Most people nowadays prefer to try first, then if they like it they come back and contribute. If people feel forced they just bail.

Well, you can see we have different opinions, Meko. But the important thing is that you have shown your opinion. Let's see what others think ... Thank you for expressing your opinion.

Agree on every single word.

For me, I don't feel we need any restriction, we are open-source community, putting any restriction will discourage user from using forum and it would give rise to many spam accounts and more importantly, it will lead to increase demand for paid developers and as a result less scripts/mods would be released for free.

I agree with what was said above but to an extent. Would be neat if we could have some sort of reward system for people that contribute. There are a number of people here like Dastgir that have given so much back to the community.

Not entirely sure what kind of reward system can be put in place though. But it might be worth it to consider encouraging contribution. 

From a realistic perspective, lets not. Why? Take for example one of those websites or forum that release something but require you to post a reply before showing you the link to download. I would prefer one's genuine gratitude or none at all, rather than forced.