Daehyon

How to update Herc without git clone

Question

I have a backup from herc, but a i want update to the last revision. So, how can i update? 

My original backup folder doesn't have a button "Tortoise git > Pull".

Sry for my bad english.  ^_^

2 answers to this question

if you absolutely refuse to use git at all then the only way is to download a zip file (highly not recommended, because you loose the history)

else, see http://herc.ws/board/topic/14830-updating-hercules-git-pull-problem/#entry82925

if you don't want to use the command-line interface I recommend Github Desktop instead of TortoiseGIT

If you encounter a problem I can give step-by-step instructions on IRC: #Hercules @ Rizon

make sure to say "meko" in the channel so I get notified

if you absolutely refuse to use git at all then the only way is to download a zip file (highly not recommended, because you loose the history)

else, see http://herc.ws/board/topic/14830-updating-hercules-git-pull-problem/#entry82925

if you don't want to use the command-line interface I recommend Github Desktop instead of TortoiseGIT

If you encounter a problem I can give step-by-step instructions on IRC: #Hercules @ Rizon

make sure to say "meko" in the channel so I get notified

It was a big help.

I downloaded the herc again, but using the Tortoise. Now, i will move all my files modified.

And is better, because i presume i do not have more problems to update, case i want.

Thx for your help, meko.  :)