Alayne

Issue with cutins

Question

Hi peoples,

I have an issue with a script I made some time ago.

I wanted it to allow the use of cards, which should all (one by one) display a specific cutin according to the selected card.

The problem is, even though I added all the cutins, none of those show when i use the cutin function.

"normal" ones (allready packed in data, mean) works well, but none of my custom.

But i know that they works cause I've allready had it working on an older emulator version...

Does anybody know what can possibly happens?

2 answers to this question

Hercules sends whatever you pass to cutin() unchanged so there's nothing wrong with the emulator version. However the packet doesn't have variable size so the cutin file name can have a maximum of 63 characters, after which it's being truncated.

I don't say there's an error with the emulator. I'm just saying that these worked with an other version, and doesn't work anymore with this one. Something might have changed somewhere, but I don't know what (maybe that on client side too, I may have changed a grf or something, but as I'm using the same diffed exe and data dir, I don't think so...). The names are also under 63 char.

I'll re-test it tonight.