Gomez

I just can't get a client

Question

Hello.... I setup my server on my pc. It was not easy....But now problems did not finish...

I just try to install a client and connect my own server. I want a very classical RO (in fact anything is acceptable but older is better...) I just could not find answers to some questions.... Im sure these are really very easy to answer for some of you...please help....

1) There are some links for clients (Ragexe). Why not full client? is it enough? What should i do with ragexe? copy it to ragnarok client folder? is it ok to copy a 2014 ragexe to 2015 client or vice versa?

2) What does Nemo Patcher exactly do?

3) What does diff mean?

There are answers to many complicated questions. But I just couldnt find to these... :cry:

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Gomez said:

Hello.... I setup my server on my pc. It was not easy....But now problems did not finish...

I just try to install a client and connect my own server. I want a very classical RO (in fact anything is acceptable but older is better...) I just could not find answers to some questions.... Im sure these are really very easy to answer for some of you...please help....

1) There are some links for clients (Ragexe). Why not full client? is it enough? What should i do with ragexe? copy it to ragnarok client folder? is it ok to copy a 2014 ragexe to 2015 client or vice versa?

U can have a copy of 2015 client from here.

https://rathena.org/board/topic/104205-2015-client-support

15 minutes ago, Gomez said:

2) What does Nemo Patcher exactly do?

The clients which got released to be easy understanding is not yet patched. That is why u will need nemo patcher to patch that client so that it can be use to login into the server u creates earlier.

18 minutes ago, Gomez said:

3) What does diff mean?

Diff is nemo patches list. Before nemo exist, in order to prepare the client, we need to diff it.. by nowadays, just patch it using nemo patcher.. however the word 'diff' still stick until today as that is the process to prepare the client.

How to diff / patch the client using nemo patcher? U can go to nemo patcher topic. The person who develop the nemo patcher already provide the guide how to diff / patch the client.

And if u looking for older clients, u can visit this link.

http://supportmii.com/ro1/Clients/

Thanks a lot Sir !!!!

1 more question please... I search for clients. But They are just ragexe (4-6 mb.) files. 

What will i do with that ragexe ? 

Patch ragexe and copy it to ANY ragnarok folder ? Or should it be a KRO Ragnarok Full Client ?

For example : I have 2014-04-16aRagexe file (6,9 MB) . Then this means i need 20140416a Full Client Ragnarok installed (I cant find it :(( )

Or  ANY ragnarok client from ANY server (2017) is ok?

Thank you....

Edited by Gomez

4 minutes ago, Gomez said:

Thanks a lot Sir !!!!

1 more question please... I search for clients. But They are just ragexe (4-6 mb.) files. 

What will i do with that ragexe ? 

Patch ragexe and copy it to ANY ragnarok folder ? Or should it be a KRO Ragnarok Full Client ?

U should read on nemo patcher link i gave above.