Promeister

Help with skill_db

Question

So my goal is to make the Creator Skill " Demonstration " Prevent from dealing friendly-fire damage and self-damage and only make it hit to enemies.
        Target: "Unit Target"        (string, defaults to "None")
                                                Types:
                                                All             - affects everyone
                                                NotEnemy        - affects anyone who isn't an enemy
                                                Friend          - affects party, guildmates and neutral players
                                                Party           - affects party only
                                                Guild           - affects guild only
                                                Ally            - affects party and guildmates only
                                                Sameguild       - affects guild but not allies
                                                Enemy           - affects enemies only
                                                None            - affects nobody
It seems like the " Target: "Enemy" " setting isn't doing what it should be scripted to be or am i just missing something? 
Any experts help/reply would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

It seems like the " Target: "Enemy" " setting isn't doing what it should be scripted to be or am i just missing something? 
Any experts help/reply would be appreciated.

Hi! :) if that doesn't work, its either the skill_db you're editing is not the right skill_db eg. your server is in RE and you're editing Pre-Re skill_db or the opposite.

or it just doesn't work and that the target for the skill is hard coded on source.

Edited by Happy

23 hours ago, Happy said:

Hi! :) if that doesn't work, its either the skill_db you're editing is not the right skill_db eg. your server is in RE and you're editing Pre-Re skill_db or the opposite.

or it just doesn't work and that the target for the skill is hard coded on source.

Thanks for the reply, i'm actually using the right skill_db since i've already edited some of the skills functions but this is the only thing that bothers me. You're probably right it might be hard coded.

Yeah,im not quite sure but  I think i had experienced that before. So i had to find it on the source code, since nothing is happening when i change the skill_db.