Hamburglin

Noob Sanity Check - Why isn't my simple script working?

Question

I've tried making a few different edits to the script field on certain items. This seems to have no effect. For instance, I tried making the knife give 50 str like so:

|  1201 | Knife                  | Knife                    |    4 |        50 |         25 |    400 |   17 |    0 
|       0 |     1 |     3 |           2123325167 |          63 |             2 |               2 |            1 |  
             1 |            NULL |          1 |               0 |    1 |           0 |           0 |           0 | 
    0 |          0 |        NULL |          0 |        NULL |            0 |       NULL |      0 | bStr,50; |      
        |                |

However, this has no effect. I rebooted the server after every change.

Another example is that Elemental sword has no effect. I even changed its chance to proc coldbolt to 100%... still nothing. Any ideas here? I just built my server today.

Edited by Hamburglin

7 answers to this question

This format seems to be from phpmyadmin/mysql, am I right?

Hercules doesn't support sql item_db, you must edit <herc_folder>/db/re/item_db.conf or <herc_folder>/db/pre-re/item_db.conf instead. (according to your server settings)

Hope this helps!

52 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

Perfect, this is where my mind was going next. What is the point of the db here then? Just to query data?

While I have you here. two more things:

1. Where would I of actually read up on to learn this? I couldn't find this in the wiki.

2. I've only imported pre-re items into my db, but now I realize this must not have any effect. How do I make my server pre-re?

These sql files are kept to be used by control panels (like FluxCP).

1) Are you using the Github's wiki or the old one? You can check there: http://herc.ws/wiki/Main_Page ; Also you can find a lot of documentation in hercules' docs folder. Other than that probably around the forums or asking a new question.

2) To make your server pre-renewal you have to change the following line in src/config/renewal.h and recompile:
Find:

//#define DISABLE_RENEWAL

Change to:

#define DISABLE_RENEWAL

Once you recompile your server will be running in pre-renewal mode :)

33 minutes ago, KirieZ said:

This format seems to be from phpmyadmin/mysql, am I right?

Hercules doesn't support sql item_db, you must edit <herc_folder>/db/re/item_db.conf or <herc_folder>/db/pre-re/item_db.conf instead. (according to your server settings)

Hope this helps!

Perfect, this is where my mind was going next. What is the point of the db here then? Just to query data?

While I have you here. two more things:

1. Where would I of actually read up on to learn this? I couldn't find this in the wiki.

2. I've only imported pre-re items into my db, but now I realize this must not have any effect. How do I make my server pre-re?

Edited by Hamburglin

1 hour ago, KirieZ said:

These sql files are kept to be used by control panels (like FluxCP).

1) Are you using the Github's wiki or the old one? You can check there: http://herc.ws/wiki/Main_Page ; Also you can find a lot of documentation in hercules' docs folder. Other than that probably around the forums or asking a new question.

2) To make your server pre-renewal you have to change the following line in src/config/renewal.h and recompile:
Find:

//#define DISABLE_RENEWAL

Change to:

#define DISABLE_RENEWAL

Once you recompile your server will be running in pre-renewal mode :)

I was looking at that wiki. I must have not looked hard enough. Thank you!

I just took a lot at the settings there. They don't seem to describe renewal items or classes. Do I have to disable those in another way or will that be taken care of?

Edited by Hamburglin

I didn't understand your question

changing that line that I pointed in the other post will disable all renewal mechanics/items/monsters/npcs, 3rd classes will be only acessible through @job command.

7 minutes ago, KirieZ said:

I didn't understand your question

changing that line that I pointed in the other post will disable all renewal mechanics/items/monsters/npcs, 3rd classes will be only acessible through @job command.

That's basically what I was asking. The lines elsewhere in that same file mention specific mechanisms new to renewal like cast speed, enchant deadly poison damage etc. You can enable or disable these all one by one if you'd like. It didn't mentioned anything about changing items or restricting classes.

I don't think there're options specific to items, classes and npcs, not that I know at least, you would have to change the scripts/items folders. As for classes, what limits a player from getting them are npcs, so you can just disable the job change quests. (in npc folder)

Edited by KirieZ