Sign in to follow this  
Hit`

Casting Position Lag/Bug

Question

Forgive me if this is the wrong section, I don't really know where to post this.

So, I have this weird interaction that whenever I cast a self-skill and click on a cell my character goes back to the cell where I was.

I've tried searching for a fix here and rathena but I haven't found one. So I tried googling it and found this bug tracker or something: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/issues/1001

The link provided above has a video to explain this issue further. And it seems that this issue has not been fixed yet.

6 answers to this question

This is a Hercules specific thing. Not sure if intentional. It happens for all skills and actions. According to herc, you can't be between a cell. If you hadn't finished moving to the cell you want to go to and perform an action, it will send you back to your old cell.

I wish this wasn't the case. A config for this would be nice for this. Most players on my server hate that this happens, but I don't know the piece of code which causes this.

Edit: I tried Playtester's "fix". It seems to stop the position lag thing from happening. but one thing it fails to do is correctly set your direction before the action takes place. Example: Click to your right while facing left and perform your skill. You are still facing left, despite your character appearing to face right. This is a problem for movement skills such as running and high jump.

Edited by Myriad

9 hours ago, Myriad said:

This is a Hercules specific thing. Not sure if intentional. It happens for all skills and actions. According to herc, you can't be between a cell. If you hadn't finished moving to the cell you want to go to and perform an action, it will send you back to your old cell.

I wish this wasn't the case. A config for this would be nice for this. Most players on my server hate that this happens, but I don't know the piece of code which causes this.

Edit: I tried Playtester's "fix". It seems to stop the position lag thing from happening. but one thing it fails to do is correctly set your direction before the action takes place. Example: Click to your right while facing left and perform your skill. You are still facing left, despite your character appearing to face right. This is a problem for movement skills such as running and high jump.

I'm not so sure if this is a Hercules thing cause I've tried using rAthena and this issue is still there. If you don't mind, can you guide me through on how to apply Playtester's fix?

Hello again, @Myriad.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for helping me out the fix worked. It solved the issues on all skills except for when using Hiding/Cloaking/Chase Walk.

Do you know how can I apply a similar fix to work with the said skills?

I have been trying to figure it out myself idk yet. I wish devs would take notice of this thread, I think it is a big deal and a deal breaker for players trying to play again. Time after time, I have returning players to my server ask me "what is it with this position lag", referring to the fact they can't be between cells on any action, as well as "direction lag" I would call it, in terms of skills and clicking not properly updating your direction until you travel more than half a cell.

Edited by Myriad

Some update @Hit` you should make sure instead of commenting that line, make it:

if (bl->type != BL_PC && flag&STOPWALKING_FLAG_FIXPOS)
	clif->fixpos(bl);

You need to make sure it's only BL_PC it's not registering for, since I've noticed some monsters can slide all over a map if you comment this.