thanna

Hosting that fits me.

Question

Good Day everyone,

After being out of the game for quite some time. I finally got the drive to move forward again and make a new server. but something is bothering me. Its the hosting, my choices are OVH and Digital Ocean. Im from the Philippines (SEA), Somehow cheaper servers are hosted far for example LA, Just wanna ask if whats the best server that I can get not in Asia that have a stable latency which I can connect and other players from other countries specially US because my friends are there.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Digital Ocean is better than Linode and vultr for LA location...tried all three in LA server, linode and vultr really sucked from my experience.

LA, San Francisco, Silicon Valley (pretty much anywhere West Coast USA) are all good locations for Asian players if you want to also have good connection for USA players. I've had reports of anywhere from 150-220 ping for SEA based players for west coast host.

Edited by Myriad

6 hours ago, melv0 said:

i use DO on live server and it's good i compare with linode and digital ocen

4 hours ago, Myriad said:

Digital Ocean is better than Linode and vultr for LA location...tried all three in LA server, linode and vultr really sucked from my experience.

LA, San Francisco, Silicon Valley (pretty much anywhere West Coast USA) are all good locations for Asian players if you want to also have good connection for USA players. I've had reports of anywhere from 150-220 ping for SEA based players for west coast host.

Hello Guys, Actually I got my eyes on DO but they don't offer any DDOS protection. is firewall enough to avoid DDOS attacks? base on my experience before which players that I got are not that good and they will do what they can to do harm on the server.

if your server size is small (less than 200-300 unique player) you don't need really need ddos protection. if you can afford it sure go for it. DO doesn't offer it though.