Dreadbeard

FluxCP - Where to install it / Installation help.

Question

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before couldn't really find anything that helped.

I have a Hercules server running and working through an online ssh, with the Debian 8 OS installed.

I'm currently using mysql and mysql workbench to edit my table information.

My question is, when installing FluxCP, do I want to create an entirely new database and user? - or can I install it onto the webserver tables where my Hercules server is grabbing information from?

Trying to find more up to date information around this stuff, hasn't been too hard to figure it all out as I go on my own, but this will be my first time setting up a control panel, and felt like the information I could find was telling me to create an entirely new database alongside my Hercules one, just didn't make sense in my mind how it would grab the information from a different database.

4 answers to this question

is it a vps ? or offline server ? or a webhosting .. ?
on a vps you need to install the all the per-requisites for websites.
on offline you need to install xampp or similar depending on your os.
if you are using a webhosting .. you need to place the files in public_html and in config folder > edit application.php and server.php
fill in the information correct,..
you need to point database of your server,.. you can either create a different user or use the same user.

2 hours ago, Master@Ragna said:

is it a vps ? or offline server ? or a webhosting .. ?
on a vps you need to install the all the per-requisites for websites.
on offline you need to install xampp or similar depending on your os.
if you are using a webhosting .. you need to place the files in public_html and in config folder > edit application.php and server.php
fill in the information correct,..
you need to point database of your server,.. you can either create a different user or use the same user.

I realise coming back to my question I was slightly confused by what I was actually asking.

Either way, server is running on a VPS.

Would I be able to organize webhosting, install the control panel (public_html), and have it point to my VPS and MySql tables? Or does it need to be installed on the VPS because thats where the server is?

Seems like it would be easier for me to get a website organized and just putting the control panel there, if viable.

Both ways it should work well..

If its in same vps it will called as local host or 127.0.0.1 or same ip of your vps.

If its another webhosting use yours vps ip as your database ip

You can resend me Skype request if you have more questions