Sign in to follow this  
Inzanity

Trying to follow Hercules Setup Guide...

Question

Hey,

I am trying to follow this guide here : 

I am using WampServer, newest MySQL Workbench and the newest Hercules fork. One of my 2018 goals is to learn more about C# And trying to get my own server running and setup with as little help as possible.

I followed the guide without any problems, until i got to the MySQL part / setting up your database and connection.

Step 11. : The format of the file/location has changed. I believe all required info is now in the Global/sql_connection.conf file. But the names and struture have changed and I actually have no idea what is what and how i have to input that into Mysql WB.

Step 20. : Link to the guide on how to create a user doesnt work anymore. Ive not managed to setup a new user yet, only a new connection. (of which im not sure what the user and password should be)

Starting Step 21. : As mentioned before, i know how to create a new connection, but not a new server instance, schematic etc. Didnt follow the guide any further than this, since i cannot even get the basic SQL setup right.

Would someone be so kind to explain to me, what exactly means what now? And where i would put "root" as user. "Ragnarok" as PW. And if i wanted to change it to, lets say "myuser" and "mypassword", where would i change it and what does need to be changed at SQL WB to reflect it?

Thanks a lot.. :)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet