Sign in to follow this  
Dreadbeard

Changed item_db in db/re/ - now I've got errors for about everything.

Question

So I was trying to install a custom item, everything about it was working except the equipped sprite wasnt showing on my character, at this point I had only added the information to item_db2.conf in /db/

I then went into /db/re/ and added the same entry to item_db.conf, wow, what a mistake that was.

Server is now giving me errors for about everything, NPCs, Items, Scripts, I can't keep up with how bad its running. All the script errors seem to be coming from that /db/re/ folder, but this is completely new to me.

I undid my changes, but it hasn't fixed it.

I have no idea how I've done this or how to reverse my mistake, I had the server running, closed it down, editted /db/re/item_db.conf, saved, restarted server.

I've tried re-compiling the server, I've removed the entries in both db/item_db2.conf and db/re/item_db.conf but its still the same problem.

EDIT: I've added a video of the errors, so much starts happening I can't keep track of any of it.

and I reiterate the point that the server was running perfectly with no errors moments before I added an entry to item_db.conf in /db/re/

Edited by Dreadbeard

3 answers to this question

For save you chnages use git. It created specially for contains different versions of files.

About your error. You must check only some first errors. All other errors only because you corrupted items db.

Not sure how I'm going to check what the first few errors are, the informations flying off the screen by the time I go to scroll up all the original data is gone.

Any logs I can access to check?

see log directory. If it not exists, create it and run server again.