Dastgir

Infinite Storage

Hello,

I feel this is one of the important setting, which was restricted due to packet size. So I have made this plugin to allow UNLIMITED Storage Size.

Just enable this plugin and set MAX_STORAGE(from common/mmo.h) to whatever you want.

Link: https://github.com/dastgir/HPM-Plugins/blob/master/src/plugins/storage_expand.c

Note: This doesn't work with Guild Storage.

Way to go dastgir, as always you rock. Tested and works fine.

Made the limit 1500 just to test, once I had above 1200 items in storage it started to lag my client when opening storage. But yeah works like a charm, up to 1000 no issues or delays. 

Will try it out. It's a decision you have to make whether to use it or not, since once you increase storage limit, you shouldn't ever reduce it, since players won't be able to access some items until they empty space :| could prove problematic. This is not exclusive to this plugin, though, thought I'd put it out there :P. Thanks as always, Dastgir!

Maybe it's the new way storage works...when it's full (even on 600/600) it seems to be laggy af while trying to resolve the storage.

Edited by Myriad

On 22/01/2018 at 11:27 PM, Myriad said:

Maybe it's the new way storage works...when it's full (even on 600/600) it seems to be laggy af while trying to resolve the storage.

Umm, what do you mean by resolve the storage? If anything it should be laggy before (since it could send over 600 queries iirc), and not at all right now (because it sends a maximum of 4 queries iirc). 

@Dastgir Not to be offensive or anything, but what if we were to make a PR that allowed splitting of packets?... this plugin would be sort of useless. 

24 minutes ago, Smoke said:

Umm, what do you mean by resolve the storage? If anything it should be laggy before (since it could send over 600 queries iirc), and not at all right now (because it sends a maximum of 4 queries iirc). 

@Dastgir Not to be offensive or anything, but what if we were to make a PR that allowed splitting of packets?... this plugin would be sort of useless. 

well, I have no issues with it, It happened before too (specialshop and other plugins).

If in future, we made the PR for allowing splitting of packet, this plugin may be useful for people using old hercules. Also, I will put a note on topic referring that new hercules don't need this plugin.

8 minutes ago, Dastgir said:

well, I have no issues with it, It happened before too (specialshop and other plugins).

If in future, we made the PR for allowing splitting of packet, this plugin may be useful for people using old hercules. Also, I will put a note on topic referring that new hercules don't need this plugin.

Hmm I think you could have created a PR for this.

@Smoke maybe I just didn't notice it before. It takes like 2 seconds for the numbers to appear and I can use my storage.

i try to enable this plugin but if a configure more than 700 in mm.h  then show the following error when compile:

In file included from ../common/hercules.h:24:0,
                 from db.h:62,
                 from db.c:91:
../common/cbasetypes.h:514:32: error: static assertion failed: "The maximum amount of item slots per account storage is limited by the inter-server communication layout. Use a smaller value!"
 #define STATIC_ASSERT(ex, msg) _Static_assert(ex, msg)
                                ^
../common/mmo.h:512:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘STATIC_ASSERT’
 STATIC_ASSERT(MAX_STORAGE * sizeof(struct item) + 8 <= 0xFFFF, "The maximum amount of item slots per account storage is limited by the inter-server communication layout. Use a smaller value!");
 ^
make[1]: *** [obj_all/db.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ragnarok/Hercules/src/common'
make: *** [common_sql] Error 2

And if I leave the configuration at 700, it accepts me, when I start the game, it does not allow connections

[Error]: Cant set char online. Account not logged in: 2000134
[Error]: chrif_authok: Data size mismatch! 30128 != 95664
[Status]: set users : 1
[Status]: Request for connection of superatomix (ip: ).
[Notice]: Authentication accepted (account: , id: 2000114, ip: )
[Status]: Connection of the account '' accepted.
[Info]: Closed connection from ''.
[Info]: request connect - account_id:2000114/login_id1:1282534782/login_id2:536553747
[Info]: Loading Char Data (2000114)
[Info]: Char load request (20)
[Info]: Loaded char (20 - 😞  status memo inventory cart skills friends hotkeys mercenary accdata
[Info]: Selected char: (Account 2000114: 1 - )
[Info]: Subnet check []: WAN
[Status]: set users : 0
[Error]: chrif_authok: Data size mismatch! 30128 != 95664
[Info]: User Count: 0

Data size mismatch! error most time mean you changed headers but nor recompiled all servers

run make clean and after build server