Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKing

iteminfo.lua > iteminfo.lub

Question

So I wanted to make some items that show the same sprite use different sprites instead, so I converted iteminfo.lub to iteminfo.lua to edit it, but when I try to convert it back to iteminfo.lub with luac5.1.4 it won't work. Works find with some other files, any pointers to why it won't work? Is it too large of a file or etc?

6 answers to this question

This depends... if your "Client" is forcing you to use lub instead of lua but wants a lua that is compiled, then use proper luac for it.

lua to lub (If data folder has lua514 inside and uses it)
luac5.1.4.exe -o FILE.lub FILE.lua

lua to lub (If data folder doesn't have lua514 folder inside, meaning it uses /lua files/)
luac5.0.2.exe -o FILE.lub FILE.lua

15 hours ago, KeiKun said:

This depends... if your "Client" is forcing you to use lub instead of lua but wants a lua that is compiled, then use proper luac for it.

lua to lub (If data folder has lua514 inside and uses it)
luac5.1.4.exe -o FILE.lub FILE.lua

lua to lub (If data folder doesn't have lua514 folder inside, meaning it uses /lua files/)
luac5.0.2.exe -o FILE.lub FILE.lua

i have a lua514 folder that is used, the iteminfo is located in the system folder

The client doesn't accept it as a lua and for whatever reason luac5.1.4.exe works just fine converting my other lua files to lub, but runs and won't make the lub when doing iteminfo.