banhelba2019

can i be sued for having a pikachu hat?

Question

i see pokemon all the time, and i was wondering what the laws are on this stuff? 

lets say i wanna add pikachu and some other random anime things to my server, can i get sued or forced to change like who the fuck cares but yeah people do

3 answers to this question

If you created it without permission and it is not solely for personal use (sometimes falls under 'noncommercial'), you are likely infringing copyright and could become liable. In saying that, "like who the fuck cares" - people have been doing it since the private server begun.

Oh boy.....

DISCLAIMER: Habilis is not a Lawyer of any form and shape. Therefore, this may not be taken as a legal advice under any circumstances. Be sure to check with your local regulations and copyright law.  Habilis is just a school kid.

You, as the server administrator, host Ragnarok Server Emulator.

Which is the open source software developed by a group of enthusiast and released free of charge.

Thus, you as the server administrator may not under any circumstances be held responsible for pirated/counterfeit (Client) software* players and other 3d party use to connect to your server.

*So long it is not you who distribute the Client software.

(A simple link to a filestock hosting the client, as long as the client is not hosted on your server)

Therefore if you receive any Emails from the lawsuits,

feel free to send them the most distinct expression of  B38cFIv.jpg  on your  and your server's crew behalf!

Hopefully, this closes the question of legality...

Edited by Habilis