• 0
bWolfie

[Guide] Mapcache Generation 2018

Question

24 answers to this question

  • -8

FUCKING BULLSHIT HERCULES WHY U CHANGE THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THIS? IM DONE WITH THIS HERCULES ILL CHANGE MY SERVER TO RATHENA !!!! EASY TO SETUP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

 

On 5/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, Myriad said:

I don't have Visual Studio so I'm unable to compile and test. Hopefully somebody can fill in this missing info.

Building the mapcache on a Windows machine

Yes, I've tested building the mapcache on Visual Studio on a Windows machine.

I've updated the documentation for how to build the plugins (like the mapcache plugin) for windows. It is under Building HPM Plugin for MSVC. I also included the screenshots that used to be in the mediawiki site.

 

14 minutes ago, Kriffx said:

Can anyone build a tutorial or video to compile the map cache in windows, please!

pt-br: Alguém pode construir um tutorial ou video para compilar o mapa cache no windows, por favor!

Building the mapcache

Hello there. I just recently updated the guide for building the mapcache on a Hercules server (December 2018). It's found in the Github Wiki under Mapcache. It generally covers more-or-less the same thing that Myriad has already discussed.

What it requires from you is:

  • You need to understand how Hercules' Plugin Manager (HPM) works
  • You need to understand how to add and build a plugin using the HPM.

Since you're trying to build the mapcache, just go here and read about the Mapcache.

If you think some parts of it are confusing, or difficult to understand, please respond on this thread so I can add details to the tutorial.

Edited by fourxhackd
Added reference for windows building of HPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

is there any way to do it on windows atm? Thanks for the update!

I don't have Visual Studio so I'm unable to compile and test. Hopefully somebody can fill in this missing info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I successfully ran the code. But I still cannot @go to my custom map?

 

Edited by ShaneAbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can anyone build a tutorial or video to compile the map cache in windows, please!

pt-br: Alguém pode construir um tutorial ou video para compilar o mapa cache no windows, por favor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I honestly have no idea of the conditions, I am completely new and I just want to clean up the old maps of pre-renewal, if I could add a step-by-step with images it would be very good for those who fell parachute in the world of emulators.

The tutorial of this post was even understanding until arriving at the park that copilar in windows was not quoted: /

pt-br: 

Sinceramente não tenho ideia das condições, sou completamente novato e só quero arrumar os mapas antios da pré-renovação, se pudesse adicionar um passo-a-passo com imagens seria muito bom para aqueles que cairam de paraquedas no mundo dos emuladores.

O tutorial deste post até tava entendendo até chegar na parque que copilar no windows não foi citado :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
41 minutes ago, Kriffx said:

I honestly have no idea of the conditions, I am completely new and I just want to clean up the old maps of pre-renewal, if I could add a step-by-step with images it would be very good for those who fell parachute in the world of emulators.

The tutorial of this post was even understanding until arriving at the park that copilar in windows was not quoted.

From what I understand, you have a novice/beginner experience in starting up a server, so "compiling" must be a difficult concept. I wrote about it in more detail here:

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/wiki/Compiling

Start with figuring out your operating system, so that you can determine which guide to follow. Once you know what operating system to use, just follow the instructions in the mapcache guide.

Let me know what part you get stuck in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 15/12/2018 at 4:46 AM, fourxhackd said:

From what I understand, you have a novice/beginner experience in starting up a server, so "compiling" must be a difficult concept. I wrote about it in more detail here:

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/wiki/Compiling

Start with figuring out your operating system, so that you can determine which guide to follow. Once you know what operating system to use, just follow the instructions in the mapcache guide.

Let me know what part you get stuck in.

Problem solved!
Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

Hello.

I rebuilt mapcache (using mvs plugin guide) so my custom map works fine

But in result of this mapcache rebuilding some errors started to pop up: 

when rebuild - http://prntscr.com/m4ep8n

when start server - http://prntscr.com/m4epz5

I also had an error about not having poring_c01/poring_c02 maps (so I downloaded them from some link on the forum).

If I delete this pvp-* map entries from map_index and maps.conf I get this error - http://prntscr.com/m4euii

Where can I download maps needed? Or have I done something wrong here?

Using latest kRO data folder + 2015-10-29aRagexeRE + Hercules v2018.12.16

kRO client is up to date but has no files for these maps - only for *-2 (http://prntscr.com/m4emt9).

Thx

Edited by PROrabbit
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, PROrabbit said:

Hello.

I rebuilt mapcache (using mvs plugin guide) so my custom map works fine

But in result of this mapcache rebuilding some errors started to pop up: 

when rebuild - http://prntscr.com/m4ep8n

when start server - http://prntscr.com/m4epz5

I also had an error about not having poring_c01/poring_c02 maps (so I downloaded them from some link on the forum).

If I delete this pvp-* map entries from map_index and maps.conf I get this error - http://prntscr.com/m4euii

Where can I download maps needed? Or have I done something wrong here?

Using latest kRO data folder + 2015-10-29aRagexeRE + Hercules v2018.12.16

kRO client is up to date but has no files for these maps - only for *-2 (http://prntscr.com/m4emt9).

Thx

I have the same errors.

This new way of adding custom maps is so hard, maybe i'll change my emulator to rathena because of this.

I just want to fix the unwalkable areas in izlude map but I have to do all this just to fix it.

Why did they change the old way, it's so easy compared to the new way of adding custom maps.

Edited by imbadudelz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Once you get used to it, the new way is far easier. Consider that most of us are running Hercules on Linux, which means we don't face the issues people running local servers on their Windows do (in terms of mapcache).

A tl;dr guide is

- Make the 'mapcache' plugin.
- With the izlude map files you want to use in your /data/ folder, run:

Linux

./map-server --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude

Windows

map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude

 

The errors from those screenshots are happening because that person rebuilt their entire cache without having the required files that resnametable.txt was looking for.

E.g. you ran ./map-server --load-plugin mapcache --rebuild-mapcache 
But you didn't have all the map files you needed in the /data/ folder or your GRFs.
In this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/m4ep8n - pvp_y_1-4 is based on alberta, so you would need all the alberta map files when mapcache is being rebuilt.

I should probably update that you shouldn't run the rebuild-mapcache option unless it's really necessary.

Edited by Myriad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Myriad, I have successfully used this

map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude

but it did not fix the unwalkable areas on izlude map. Also, I have error in reading the data.grf on my RO folder. I have successfully configured the conf/grf-files.txt

https://imgur.com/a/YkR8Mc6

When I use

map-server --load-plugin mapcache --rebuild-mapcache

It fixes the izlude map but there are hundreds of errors on my map-server after executing it.

Edited by imbadudelz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I fixed it Myriad.

I extracted all the izlude maps in data.grf. I moved it to my data folder. Then I ran

map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude
map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude_a
map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude_b
map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude_c
map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude_d
map-server.exe --load-plugin mapcache --map izlude_in

The unwalkable areas of izlude map are now fixed. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
38 minutes ago, fatihmujahid said:

FUCKING BULLSHIT HERCULES WHY U CHANGE THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THIS? IM DONE WITH THIS HERCULES ILL CHANGE MY SERVER TO RATHENA !!!! EASY TO SETUP

lol? this is way better than the old way. Splitting cache into individual files makes it so much easier to manage. Those used to the old way (editing map_cache.dat) will struggle at first, but find it a lot better once they get used to it. I was mad when the change was first made, now I am much happier because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, fatihmujahid said:

FUCKING BULLSHIT HERCULES WHY U CHANGE THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THIS? IM DONE WITH THIS HERCULES ILL CHANGE MY SERVER TO RATHENA !!!! EASY TO SETUP

https://annieruru.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-add-custom-map.html

 

the reason why hercules change the mapcache system because, the default way of running map_cache.bat
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/1552#issuecomment-279596099
1. can generate rubbish the more you run map_cache.bat
2. total capacity is smaller than rathena
3. can use plugin to inspect each file

but Haru probably doesn't know about the weemapcache though, because using weemapcache on the import map_cache.dat also do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, fatihmujahid said:

FUCKING BULLSHIT HERCULES WHY U CHANGE THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THIS? IM DONE WITH THIS HERCULES ILL CHANGE MY SERVER TO RATHENA !!!! EASY TO SETUP

Well, you are free to change emulator, nobody is forcing anything to you.

Also, swearing/shouting is not allowed in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, AnnieRuru said:

https://annieruru.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-to-add-custom-map.html

 

the reason why hercules change the mapcache system because, the default way of running map_cache.bat
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/1552#issuecomment-279596099
1. can generate rubbish the more you run map_cache.bat
2. total capacity is smaller than rathena
3. can use plugin to inspect each file

but Haru probably doesn't know about the weemapcache though, because using weemapcache on the import map_cache.dat also do the same

Weemapcache is known, but it does not follow proper format.

Weemapcache does not preserve map index instead of creates its own index based on map names (alphabetically)

Also, new system helps to know what changes are been done and is better trackable in git.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, fatihmujahid said:

FUCKING BULLSHIT HERCULES WHY U CHANGE THIS BULLSHIT LIKE THIS? IM DONE WITH THIS HERCULES ILL CHANGE MY SERVER TO RATHENA !!!! EASY TO SETUP

look dude you just go into your plugins folder and find 

"sample" 

Rename it to MapCache

and recompile

 

 

I dont remember any in between steps cause im constantly changing my client folders so i dont know why it would ask you to specify a certain grf.... here are my plugin files, just place them in the plugin folder, open up visual studio and your respective sln file.  . . and it should be there automatically if not, just add it ... view image there is an add button but i remember it just being there 

mpacac.png

https://ufile.io/eg7wl

download that and put it in your plug ins folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If creating the plugin project on windows is the problem, you can also use my tool to generate the project for you: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

im so sorry for my trash talk guys
i really get depression with this mapcache changed on hercules.
hercules was my favorit svn in RO. they are very neat and always stable. easy to understanding the script.
last time i make private server is 2014 and now 2019 is very difference to config and i just got screwed 
and my climax angry is when i take all of the time to make my own custom map with browedit and i cant implement to the freaking new hercules
so yeah im sorry 

also for my sick english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, fatihmujahid said:

im so sorry for my trash talk guys
i really get depression with this mapcache changed on hercules.
hercules was my favorit svn in RO. they are very neat and always stable. easy to understanding the script.
last time i make private server is 2014 and now 2019 is very difference to config and i just got screwed 
and my climax angry is when i take all of the time to make my own custom map with browedit and i cant implement to the freaking new hercules
so yeah im sorry 

also for my sick english

You can also use third party tools like I made months ago (https://github.com/dastgirp/Scripts/blob/master/python/MapCache/mapcache.py)

 

But I would recommend plugin as it have  more options and is officially supported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

Hmm, Edit: Solved

Was my data.grf (got corrupted)

Edited by vBrenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now